Huggies Forum

Rant about daycare Lock Rss

Some people are just in another planet & don't care how they talk to others. If you think it may help talk to the lady who runs the place & say this is what happened & you where wondering if this was normal.

I got problems with my son main kindy teacher. Don't know what to do with her.

3littlemen wrote:
blessings if your not happy can you go to the principle?

unique she kinda took me by surprise it was one of those moments where you stew on it and think I wish I had said more iykwim?

I think she is the principal of it.

Argh I hate ppl like that :/ I have issues with the carers where DD has started daycare 2 days a week... It's a great centre but tbh the carers are very odd n cold/mean to me n I can't stand it. The only one that isn't is the manager n she's hard to read. But DD loves it so I'll keep her in... smile
Her centre is very very strict about the no nuts or traces of nuts too. I put freedom foods muesli bars in her lunch box from health food aisle now n one idiot carer still had to read the packet twice after I told her it clearly says its from a 100% nut free factory!! Annoying!

3littlemen wrote:
V_1990 wrote:
Argh I hate ppl like that :/ I have issues with the carers where DD has started daycare 2 days a week... It's a great centre but tbh the carers are very odd n cold/mean to me n I can't stand it. The only one that isn't is the manager n she's hard to read. But DD loves it so I'll keep her in... smile
Her centre is very very strict about the no nuts or traces of nuts too. I put freedom foods muesli bars in her lunch box from health food aisle now n one idiot carer still had to read the packet twice after I told her it clearly says its from a 100% nut free factory!! Annoying!

mine didn't have nuts in the ingredients list but I didn't think about the may contain traces of nuts!

That may be their complaint then?? Cos they tend to be uppy about any nut allergen risks in centres now! N trust me it's soooooooo hard finding snacks kids like in lunch boxes that are 100% nut free unless u bake or make your own!! Nearly everything is made on the same plant as a product containing nuts :/
Even in the health food aisle the choices are minimal but at least everything is clearly labelled smile

ChocolateMonkey wrote:
Can I just ask why they're so big on the nuts thing??? IMO they should just do their job properly and watch the allergy kids to make sure they don't steal food off other kids... And this isn't coming from someone who doesn't know what they're on about, DD has allergies and I don't ask our centre to ban dairy food/yoghurt or cheese or anything. Sorry for the tangent

I would have nutted the first time saying it took him hours to settle, I would have expected at least a phone call after half an hour - 45 min.. To the nut bar thing, take a wrapper in and tell her to read it out loud, prove you were right wink And eery centre I've been to, they always say a kiss and cuddle and telling them you're leaving helps better to settle and teaches them you'll be back

Someone DH works with has a severe nut allergy. One day he was eating some satay noodles and she ended up leaving the room because her throat was closing up just from the smell or something.

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Zinkles wrote:
ChocolateMonkey wrote:
Can I just ask why they're so big on the nuts thing??? IMO they should just do their job properly and watch the allergy kids to make sure they don't steal food off other kids... And this isn't coming from someone who doesn't know what they're on about, DD has allergies and I don't ask our centre to ban dairy food/yoghurt or cheese or anything. Sorry for the tangent

I would have nutted the first time saying it took him hours to settle, I would have expected at least a phone call after half an hour - 45 min.. To the nut bar thing, take a wrapper in and tell her to read it out loud, prove you were right wink And eery centre I've been to, they always say a kiss and cuddle and telling them you're leaving helps better to settle and teaches them you'll be back

Someone DH works with has a severe nut allergy. One day he was eating some satay noodles and she ended up leaving the room because her throat was closing up just from the smell or something.

This happened to my cousin when she was 7 (12 now). The smell of a Chinese place set her off when she was walking past because of their peanut oil!! Her reaction was severe even though it was her first n they get worse each time as a general rule. Some ppl are extremely sensitive to allergens like nuts! Hence why they're so strict about them.

Oh I can't stand people like that grrrr. 3littlemen you did well to hold your tongue! In saying that though, I would have probably been the same with it being after the fact going WTF. I always think of the best comebacks well after I needed them! Haha

Things are def different in regards to food here in the UK. DD goes to crèche at the gym here. When talking to them about food to pack, as knowing with Aussie there is the restriction with nuts etc, they looked at me a bit sideways and said, the children don't share food so pack what you want. Okay then. There doesn't seem to be the concern here with allergies like there is back home which I found interesting - amongst other things over here! smile
Sign in to follow this topic