Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. What do you think of this? Gender disappointment...

What do you think of this? Gender disappointment... Lock Rss

By the way when I was talking about gender linked diseases I did not all mean autism and I'm very sorry if any one thought I did or was offended. I was talking about very rare and nearly always fatal conditions where the gene has been identified and just about only ever affects one gender over another (this usually boys).
I have 4 girls which i love dearly, but would have loved a boy for a few reasons. My df is the last boy in his family with the surname ( lots of girls in family tree). As we have had girls when they marry they wont carry the name on, so therefore his family name is gone sad Another reason is that i have Scoliosis which means that my spine has curved. I had to wear a back brace for 2 yrs during my teenage yrs and ended up with a spinal fusion at 16 to correct it. My spine still has a slight curve and causes discomfort, anyway the disease usually affects girls, and considering that i have 3 other people in my extended family with this condition there is a high chance my girls could have it. We will not know until they turn 12-13 yrs which is hard as i want to know now sad So as mentioned i would really have loved to have a boy, but we wouldnt change the girls we have, they are all so unique. Plus i always said to df that we would have 4 children and and after 4th dd i had tubal ligation

your girls don't have to change their last name. wink
Wow, you and your computer are very fertile. Nice to meet you tongue

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

wow!! you practlicly spat out the 10 month twins and went straigh back for another round lol
how many of each gender do you have?

I think that sometimes if you have only one gender of kids then it will seem "disappointing" because things didn't happen the way you had wanted them to. I also agree and say that the fact that people are openly talking about how they are disappointed in their kids is just an awful thing to do. The main reason for this is the fact that these people either wanted to have a son to play catch with, or maybe just some variety in the family. I believe that there is no coincidence in who comes into your family.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Julie
Best Baby Breast Pumps
DP is 1 of 11 children

10 of them are boys and 1 adopted girl smile
When I found out that DD (6yrs) was a girl I had a little cry... I had always pictured having a boy 1st to have a big brother to look out for his little sister... Instead I had DD 1st and DS followed 2 yrs later....she is very protective of her little brother... He is now the same height as her so no doubt he will look out for her regardless of their age...

hectic with 16 wrote:
two 10months olds and the newest addition to the family is 4 weeks old smile

you can get pregnant quite soon after having a baby, but I am pretty sure its impossible to get pregnant the week of having a baby for a few reasons....
OC1246 wrote:
hectic with 16 wrote:
two 10months olds and the newest addition to the family is 4 weeks old smile

you can get pregnant quite soon after having a baby, but I am pretty sure its impossible to get pregnant the week of having a baby for a few reasons....

Yeah I'm not convinced about this member... Really? 2 sets of triplets and 2 sets of twins and all born naturally and all less than 2 years apart and most less than 1 year apart...

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Mummy_of_2.5 wrote:
When I found out that DD (6yrs) was a girl I had a little cry... I had always pictured having a boy 1st to have a big brother to look out for his little sister... Instead I had DD 1st and DS followed 2 yrs later....she is very protective of her little brother... He is now the same height as her so no doubt he will look out for her regardless of their age...

I am glad we didn't find out what DD was, for that reason. I really wanted a boy first, as i had older brothers and i liked not being the oldest. I think there was a lot of pressure on me as the oldest girl as it was, let alone being the oldest in the family. Its just the way it happens... So, would have loved a boy and convinced myself for the first 6 months that the bub was going to be a boy. Then, at about 30ish weeks, i just 'knew' that she was going to be a girl. And then cos i had told myself she was going to be a boy, and then a girl i just got confused wink But, she turned out to be the most beautiful, happy and cheerful little girl, and we love her to pieces. I think because when we found out for sure she was already here, so i had a bundle to love. If we had found out before she was born i think it would have taken a little longer to go "ok, so its a girl not a boy, but thats ok" and work it out in my head. IYKWIM???

When i had my first son i was only sad for 10 minutes because i thought it was a girl. When i had my second son i was so happy. I love having sons.

Next time i've told hubby i don't care what we have. Really don't want to take it for granted.

Hubby was sad with our second son when we found out. He really wants a daughter. He was sad for about 20 minutes & said he better look like me this time & he got his wish.

Sign in to follow this topic