Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. What do you think of this? Gender disappointment...

What do you think of this? Gender disappointment... Lock Rss

I was just happy to be able to have a healthy baby. But my ex-sil had 2 boys to my brother, but really really wanted a girl. So she slept with another man who already had a daughter and got pregnant to him, just so she could have a daughter. I cost her the marriage, she now has 2 daughters who see treats alot better than her sons.
I've seen that show you're talking about. It's so sad that people can be that way.

I have a male relative who refused to visit his wife and firstborn in hospital because she
had a girl, he really wanted a boy first (he is really old fashioned). I would of left the jerk!!

Christie20 wrote:
I've seen that show you're talking about. It's so sad that people can be that way.

I have a male relative who refused to visit his wife and firstborn in hospital because she
had a girl, he really wanted a boy first (he is really old fashioned). I would of left the jerk!!

What an a*&^hole!! Wonder if he knows it the male's sperm that determines the gender?? SHE didnt have the girl, THEY had a girl. What a tosser.
I think these ladies just need proffesional help,so they learn they need to stop trying especially if they have more than 5 already of just one gender and start to learn how to apprecaite and love and enjoy the children they have.And realise how much God has blessed them with, since they have been able to concieve and not compare themselves to women that cannot have children,thats just wrong.

<a href=

I could understand for a family name wanting a boy, I am having my first child and I feel alot of pressure for it to be a boy as both my partner and myself come from families where there is only one son (our baby will have his last name) but I know for us we will be happy as long as it is healthy and happy
Oh shut!! I can't digest this news, that some parents eagerly waiting for boy or girl after giving birth to 8-9 babies. Hatts off to those women, because they are scarifying their health and body.
Some of these comments are so insensitive.
Skubala wrote:
So I was watching a program on TV last week about women who were dealing with severe gender disappointment. In the show, they featured 4 women, all who had several boys and desperately wanted a girl. One lady had 8 boys and was trying for a 9th baby and the other 3 women had 4 boys - one tried naturally for a 5th and got another boy, one tried gender selection overseas and got twin girls and the other tried gender selection but didn't get pregnant again. One of the women went as far to say that for her, the disappointment of not having a girl was exactly the same as not being able to get pregnant at all, which to be honest, I found to be quite offensive, but at the same time, she obviously felt very strongly about wanting a daughter. So just for a discussion, what are your thoughts about gender disappointment? Did you experience it and how did you deal with it? The other thing is that all of these women were so open with their other kids about their disappointment in not having a girl - do you think it is ok to discuss this with children?

I was watching the same program and after I have a lot of foreign advertisements in my browser. I am using https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ad-bl... this one adblock but sometimes there are ads that you can not remove at all... Beware with such programs, girls.
Sign in to follow this topic