Huggies Forum

unofficaial play group? Rss

Do you have to regiter a playgroup with playgroups victoria, or can u start an unofficial one
i know ur not covered by the insurance etc etc, but its basically just a grup of people who r all wanting to meet u new people at say the park, maybe coffee shop, or each others houses.

I am not sure legally.

It depends if you are just friends meeting up. I have joined 2 mother's groups here in QLD, both were officially hosted by a child health nurse for the first 6 weeks and then we all continued to meet up afterwards at parks, houses, playcentres etc but it was very informal.

If you are wanting to meet new people I would probably word it more along the lines of mothers group or mums and bubs or something like that rather than playgroup. Playgroup to me suggests a speciifc venue with toys and activities provided and run by a specific person each week.

I hope that helps ....

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

dont call it anything 'official' what's wrong with meeting friends at the park or at someone's house.If you are worried about insurance etc then make it official

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

thanks ladies
that helps alot

it also depends if you want funding for toys/equipment etc. You would need to be registered if you wanted to apply for funding.
Sign in to follow this topic