Huggies Forum

Muffins.... Rss

I have a basic muffin mix recipe which I often make & I have to add in whatever "extras" to it. I'm getting a bit bored of the same old ones, so just curious, what's your favourite muffin combination?

I've done banana+choc-chip, apple+cinnamon and a new one I tried yesterday was banana+oat+honey (quite nice smile )
Apple and Cinnamon
And
Banana and yogurt

Both super yummo!



Grated Apple date and all bran

Cocoa banana and oat , you can add choc chips to this too

Orange and poppy seed



What's a good basic muffin mix??

The last one I tried was really sugary lol






Bailey's Mummy - This is the recipe I use. You could probably do less sugar if you wish.

2 cups SR flour
3/4 cup sugar (white or raw)
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup milk

Mix all together, add your add ins, spoons into muffin tins & bake moderate oven for 20-25 mins. smile
Thanks ladies for your replies so far.

Little Miss's - do you usually just use frozen berries or fresh?

My Beau & Belle - (nearly called you your old name) Yes please to the recipe. Don't worry if you don't have time for it today though. smile

One*Lucky*Mummy - never tried yoghurt in muffins, but definitely will! Thanks

Double Wammy - never done orange & poppyseed - how do you do the orange bit? Juice or rind or pulp?

GiraffeKiss - Thanks. I like the sound of your flavours too.
Wooden Spoon wrote:
Bailey's Mummy - This is the recipe I use. You could probably do less sugar if you wish.

2 cups SR flour
3/4 cup sugar (white or raw)
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup milk

Mix all together, add your add ins, spoons into muffin tins & bake moderate oven for 20-25 mins. smile


Fab thank you! That's less sugar than the last one I used lol






We've started doing a choc orange recently which the kids love smile Also like sultana + apple, carrot+zucchini, lemon+coconut
Baileys Mum, my basic mix is 125g butter, 3/4c sugar, 1 3/4 SR flour, 1c milk, tsp bicarb, 1 egg, tsp vanilla
Cream the butter and sugar, add egg, milk and vanilla. Sift over flour and bicarb, stir though with whatever flavours/extras you're having.
Also if you find it a bit sweet I sometimes sub agave for the sugar.
Orange chocolate chip or banana with jam surprise centre. I put just over 1/2 the mix in then a blob of jam then the rest. I also do the same with custard. Usually put some chocolate icing on the custard ones too so they're super naughty!


Wooden spoon I just made some muffins with your recipe, made 4 with choc chips and 7 with banana! I had to add a little extra milk as the mix was quite thick but they were so tasty, my kids ate 2 each lol grin






Bailey's Mummy wrote:
Wooden spoon I just made some muffins with your recipe, made 4 with choc chips and 7 with banana! I had to add a little extra milk as the mix was quite thick but they were so tasty, my kids ate 2 each lol grin


Glad they were tasty! Did they turn out too sweet? I often put pureed apple or pureed banana, so generally that makes it less thick smile
Wooden Spoon wrote:
Bailey's Mummy wrote:
Wooden spoon I just made some muffins with your recipe, made 4 with choc chips and 7 with banana! I had to add a little extra milk as the mix was quite thick but they were so tasty, my kids ate 2 each lol grin

Glad they were tasty! Did they turn out too sweet? I often put pureed apple or pureed banana, so generally that makes it less thick smile


Nah they weren't too sweet, just right I thought! I took out 4tbs of mix to add choc chips too then with the remaining mix I roughly chopped 2 bananas and chucked them in, it was nice with the chunks smile

I'll have to experiment with some other flavours on Friday!






Sign in to follow this topic