Huggies Forum

Muffins.... Lock Rss

Bailey's Mummy wrote:
Wooden Spoon wrote:
Bailey's Mummy wrote:
Wooden spoon I just made some muffins with your recipe, made 4 with choc chips and 7 with banana! I had to add a little extra milk as the mix was quite thick but they were so tasty, my kids ate 2 each lol grin

Glad they were tasty! Did they turn out too sweet? I often put pureed apple or pureed banana, so generally that makes it less thick smile

Nah they weren't too sweet, just right I thought! I took out 4tbs of mix to add choc chips too then with the remaining mix I roughly chopped 2 bananas and chucked them in, it was nice with the chunks smile

I'll have to experiment with some other flavours on Friday!

Happy experimenting, I'll be doing the same, once mine from yesterday are used up! smile
For the orange and poppyseed you can use the zest and juice of one orange.

You can also do the same with lemon and poppyseed.

About 3 tsp of poppyseeds should be enough for your mix I Think.

I'm inspired now too! Lots of yummy muffins I want to make now!

doublewammy wrote:

Thanks doublewammy! Love it how so many of us gets inspired by different cooking threads, even just the what's for dinner one! smile
Wooden Spoon wrote:

Thanks doublewammy! Love it how so many of us gets inspired by different cooking threads, even just the what's for dinner one! smile

Me too! I love these sorts of threads! So great to get ideas from others smile

yum girls, totally agree that it's inspiring to see what you guys are doing smile

we are very boring at this house, its either choc chip, banana, apple and cinnamon or banan choc chip!!

question- I have some frozen mixed berries in the freezer, if I add these, do I need to adjust the liquid?

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

thanks giraffekiss, have never baked with them before, we normally use them for smoothies smile

Farming Mum wrote:
If I use berries that a frozen I sit them in a bag in some warm water for a bit. Sometimes it can cause the muffins to cook on the outside and not so much on the inside, so you end up with a really dark muffin by the time it's cooked.

Would never have thought of that. Thanks Farming Mum smile

Farming mum - do you think you could put less sugar in if you use flavoured yoghurt?

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

doublewammy wrote:

I've recently got onto the orange and poppy seed muffins as well, but I found a recipes where you use an entire orange (peel and all). I just chop up the orange and stick it through my mini processor and use it with my basic muffin recipe....it is fantastic. Can't get enough of them grin

My basic muffin recipe is:

2 cups of self raising flour
Half a cup of sugar (though I throw in a bit extra into the food processor with the orange as it can be a bit tart)
60 grams of butter (melted)
1 egg
1 cup of milk.

If I'm making berry or apple muffins I also throw in a bit of cinnamon smile

Sign in to follow this topic