Huggies Forum

Mother's Day... Lock Rss

What are you buying your mum?

I'm still trying to decide... A couple ideas I've had have been

A voucher to a salon
A pack of good salon shampoo
Candles, choccies & flowers
A massage or beauty voucher
Some dermalogica skin care products (probably not cuz they're pricey)

Ideally I'd like something that's no more than $50...

Any other ideas? Sorry if this thread has been done.. I havn't seen one just yet though!

My mil is getting nothing from me... If dh wants to that's his department!! Lol

Nothing....My mum is impossible to buy for.

She doesn't like massages, thinks fancy soaps and bodywashes are a waste of money. Doesn't use moisturiser or other skin care products an has such precise tastes in everything else it makes buying to her taste impossible and if you give her gift vouchers she ends up regifting them.

The only thing she does like is perfume, but has very expensive taste there and we just don't have the money to spend on it at the moment.

I like the personal ideas... That's what Mother's Day is all about isn't it. I did something simple and personal for my mum one year and she looked really disapointed. She pretended it was all good but I could tell. Pretty shallow.... I've only ever wanted personal home made or cheap things that dd has picked.

Terror tots that's frustrating. How about flowers? She can't re gift them and they die so shouldn't impede on her tastes for too long! Gosh that's awful... We are a spoilt bunch in Australia to have those kinds of expectations arnt we.

I made my mum a scarf and we bought her a pair of pink fluffy slippers (thats what she wanted). This year I really cut back on what I spent on her, and I am totally fine with that. Kinda sick of trying to compete with my sister wink
The photo calender we made one year was incredibly popular. My mum does love anything with my DDs face on it hahahaha.
For MIL, I've done off stacks of photos of DS & put them in a display album (one that's on a stand thingy, and you flip it over to change what's on display).
For mum, she lives interstate & when I visited her recently, I did a stack of cooking for her freezer as a mother's day present. Mum is very busy doing 6 nights a fortnight as a nurse & also helping dad on the farm & some days she's hardly in the house at all - she really appreciated it! smile
chalys 'n' J wrote:
I like the personal ideas... That's what Mother's Day is all about isn't it. I did something simple and personal for my mum one year and she looked really disapointed. She pretended it was all good but I could tell. Pretty shallow.... I've only ever wanted personal home made or cheap things that dd has picked.

I like the personal ideas too, especially when I've put more effort into it (like cooking). My sister in law for my mum has during the school holidays, spent a lot of time at Mum's and helping tidy up her garden, Mum had her garden re-done a few years ago, but since then has lost the time to spend in it, so Mum sounded quite pleased about that the other day when she was telling me! smile
Sign in to follow this topic