Huggies Forum

IVF Frozen Embryos Lock Rss

To be able to give a couple the gift of a child, a family is an amazing gift to give but it's a tough decision. I'm sure if I were in your shoes I wouldn't be able to do it. In theory I would want to give that gift but I couldn't live with knowing someone else was raising mine and dhs biological child. It's a very personal decision, that only you and your dh can make but whatever deciaion you make will be the right one for the 2 of you and your family.

Good luck with your decision, it is such a hard one, and no right or worng answer either way. I hope you both come to a decision you are happy with

smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

I have no idea what I would do in your situation. Just wanted to say congratulations to you for even considering donation. Even if you decide not to donate - you have/are obviously thinking both options out thoroughly.
I read a thread on here last week about a lady asking for eggs to be donated. It was so interesting as it is not something I have ever considered before. I did a lot of googling on it as my initial thought was 'I'd be happy to donate an egg to a wanting couple', but after reading it through I really started to Question that.
I am not in a place at the moment to be able to donate eggs anyhow (TTC again and live in remote area so would need to travel 700kms to be able to donate anyhow) but it is something that I will keep in the back of my mind for the future.
I guess I keep thinking how hard it must be for parents that are waiting for eggs/embryos to be donated. And you know that parents who are willing to go through the procedure are the ones that truely want children.
If I were you though I'd wait a while to be sure that you definitely do not want anymore children.
And how wonderful is 'modern technology' for you to be able to make this choice!

Sign in to follow this topic