Huggies Forum

Those with kids in childcare.. Lock Rss

Our have just increased the fees too. They re now $87 a day all inclusive (nappies and food).

We pay $87 a day for each of our boys to go 1 day a week that includes all their meals but we do have to supply nappies.

Ours is $87 a day including all food and nappies but is going up again from July 1st. This will be the 3rd rise in 12 months and is the dearest I know of in our town. Others in our town are around the $75 - $77 per day.
Wow! I charge $67.50 for a 9hr day in family day care, but I don't offer food

Aka G&L smile

Ours is $73 a day. This doesnt include meals or anything for that matter. Oh I think they supply sunblock. We pay $34.51 a day with centrelink help per day. Ds goes 2 days a week. On one wage its hard for us but he needs the interaction. This is in Gold Coast, Queensland. Australia.

We use FDC for DD and pay $5.90 per hour at the moment, up to $6.05 per hour as of 1 July - that excludes nappies and food. If you use the food it is something like $5 for meals and maybe a couple of dollars per snack, not exactly sure, we don't use it. Personally I think it is very inexpensive, but DDs carer has trouble with a few of the parents wacko

Last year I had my ds1 in an occasional care centre that charged by the hour, I usually had him in once per week, sometimes an extra day or 2 if I got extra work. before rebates it was about $57 I think for 5 hours. I had to provide nappies and lunch/snacks. smile

Last year I was paying $70/day for dd1 before any deductions.

Dd2 goes to family daycare and I pay $8/hr with a minimum of 6hrs/day. She goes 15hrs/wk (2 days).
My Beau & Belle wrote:
*misskel* wrote:
We just got a letter that our center 's annual increase is applicable as of July 1st. It will now be $89 per child per day. Thank goodness we only need 1 day a week for our two kids! This includes food but not nappies. Ds in at school next year so will only be for one child in 2014, thankfully.
Having said this though, compared to what I get paid as a professional nanny- its cheap as chips wink
$101a day is a big deal when you're not working though, hey?
That's the thing hey.. We really can not afford it anymore but I'm so damn conflicted!!! Ds loves it and has friends that he looks forward to seeing every week so I feel like I'm doing him an injustice by taking him out...but geeze we won't be able to afford the fees soon!

Can you afford it for another year before the fee increase next year? I would be the same if it were my ds. And it's so nice for them to go and play with their friends and have some fun away from home. What gets me is they say they raise their fees to match yearly wage increases and whatever... My wage doesn't go up every year and neither does dp's but we still have to pay the fee increase... Fair? Hardly!
My Beau & Belle wrote:
*misskel* wrote:
My Beau & Belle wrote:
*misskel* wrote:
We just got a letter that our center 's annual increase is applicable as of July 1st. It will now be $89 per child per day. Thank goodness we only need 1 day a week for our two kids! This includes food but not nappies. Ds in at school next year so will only be for one child in 2014, thankfully.
Having said this though, compared to what I get paid as a professional nanny- its cheap as chips wink
$101a day is a big deal when you're not working though, hey?
That's the thing hey.. We really can not afford it anymore but I'm so damn conflicted!!! Ds loves it and has friends that he looks forward to seeing every week so I feel like I'm doing him an injustice by taking him out...but geeze we won't be able to afford the fees soon!

Can you afford it for another year before the fee increase next year? I would be the same if it were my ds. And it's so nice for them to go and play with their friends and have some fun away from home. What gets me is they say they raise their fees to match yearly wage increases and whatever... My wage doesn't go up every year and neither does dp's but we still have to pay the fee increase... Fair? Hardly!
Wait where did your other reply go??!! The fee increase starts in 3 weeks (1 July) and my paid leave runs out mid July.. Ds won't be going next year as he goes to a Government preschool which I don't have to pay for, yay! I think I'm just going to have to suck it up... Find some work on the side lol. Might need to bring out my mafia side!

Ha ha!! See how you go Hun, you might be able to tighten some other area of the budget for the next 6/7 months until he starts pre school and then you can breathe easy. Otherwise seeing as youre really pretty you could get dolled up and pop yourself out on your nearest street corner once a week on a Friday night and you should make plenty to cover the fee increase and then some laugh laugh
our is $78 per day before any ccr. it includes everything. I am looking forward to dd starting kindy next year, that way we will only need childcare 1 day a week.
One of centres where I live is charging $180 a day before rebate gasp It includes food but not nappies! This is why I can't afford to return to work...
Sign in to follow this topic