Huggies Forum

. Lock Rss

Oh hun your bubba is still so new... you're still adjusting to having another one in the house. You need to give youself a break and not be so hard on yourself!! being a mum IS hard.... it's not easy for any other mum either. I think we all feel under pressure to have this 'happy family' thing going on and it makes you feel like you've failed, when you're actually doing the best you can do.

Do you have much support at home from your partner? Support in the early weeks is really important... it's so easy to feel overwhelmed and you need someone to be able to prop you up a bit. If you really feel you're not coping you might need to have a chat to your gp, but in my opinion it's still so early that maybe you need a bit more time for things to settle into a routine yet.

You're doing a great job hun, don't doubt yourself. xx

Trust me you are not alone in feeling like this-about your kids. You just described me to a tee. Have you considered speaking to a child physcologist on how to cope better with your kids. I have been to two to get helpful ideas.

The first one was community health which was free. The second one I got a care plan thru gp & you get 5 appointments with medicare rebates.

Maybe also speak to your gp about possible depression. You may feel funny about that but if it will help you to handle things better then it might be worth a chat.

Pm me if you would like to talk. Take care.

Sweetie I've pm you xx I just wanted to also say you are a Wonderful Mummy and you are doing the best you can at the moment. As hard as it is with three little ones, take some time for you each day even if it's just a cuppa with a magazine while the kiddies rest or put on the tv and while they are entertained take a break.
Sending you GBH's xxxx

Mummy of 5 Gorgeous Babes smile
My newest Gorgeous Baby Boy arrived 1st January 2014 smile xxx

I also felt like this. However my marriage was falling apart, and she had wicked bad reflux that needed medicating. I left my husband when she was almost 3 months. It was AWFUL. But it got better, and she is now 20 months and God I love them all sooooooo much. It took a big effort on my part to get my head out of my arse and be proactive about protecting myself and my babies from their father's crap. I went to councelling, got an intervention order, etc... It's all great now. She is still so young, I always say the first 12 weeks are a blur. It'll pass, but until then you have all these lovely ladies sending their prayers and hugs. Good luck, and if someone offers help, take it! They wouldn't offer if they didn't want to.
I know how you feel. When the twins were born and they came home I really felt like my DD missed out on so much as it took so much to look after the boys. Even now my DD is 7 and the twins are 4 I still feel like I don't spend enough time with the all. One on one time is very difficult as well as running a house and the school drop off pick ups also running around doing what needs to be done. I do try but I find it is hard and it always seems to happen at the end of the day when it is not the best time. I love my kids to bits and we do the best we can and so they are doing great at school, pre school so really can't complain. I think most parents would all feel the way that you do it is very overwhelming but we are all doing our best. If feel you need to get a little help don't be afraid to. I have also learn't that the housework will still be around tomorrow but my kids are growing every day.

I hope that things improve for you really soon. Good luck.

Huge hugs to you B's xoxox I am down in the dumps today too- as you know- and I only have 2! Dd3 is still so new and I'm sure your little girls are still reeling from her arrival and how their lives changed because of it despite how much they love her. Do you have family around you? Like your mum or mil or a sister that can come cuddle dd3 while you take off with the big girls somewhere or even just stay home and do something just with them without having to stop to tend to dd3? Can you afford a cleaner once very fortnight or something just for a little while until things settle just so you don't have the house to worry about on top of everything else. You are doing the best you can Hun and you will get there. You're still adjusting to this change yourself and will find your feet eventually. Just sucks getting to that point, hey? Much love babe xo
Oh Coopee- thank you I like that one!! Will make me feel better on the bad days tongue

Oh Bs huuuuuuge hugs you poor darlin' . It is hard and overwhelming but you will adjust. It's still early days...I think getting a cleaner or paid help of some sort would be a load off- that sounds like a great start.

Take a minute at a time- honestly this time will be over before you know it. It's always tough in the beginning and I struggle too believe me- and I only have two so hats off to you. I'm sure your girls still think you are the best mum they could ask for smile could you up the time they go to preschool if they go? Maybe do an extra morning a week or day a week? Just for a little while or does it not work like that? Is there anything you could relax a bit on like letting them watch a bit more tv or something every now and then? Are they happy to do craft- could you set them up a permanent craft station where they can make mess but they are always free to go there iykwim and you could TRY and ignore that spot when cleaning?

I don't know I'm prob not much help but we all struggle, it's not easy, you will get there it's just a huge learning curve but you will get through it- wish us huggies girls cpuld post you one frozen meal each ad your dinners would be sorted wink huge hugs x

Also just had a thought- I read on huggies the other week that lack of iron could make us tired and irritable- maybe get a blood test and check all your levels or just take a few supplements/multi vitamins so you can feel your best? Xx

I read your post and felt like I could have written it myself and I nearly have a couple of times. DD3 is almost 5 weeks old and even though she has been the easiest one by far she is so settled and happy but she still takes so much of my time as all newborns do. I find myself snapping at DD1 and DS2 for no real reason other than I am overwhelmed and they are behaving like typical almost 2 and almost 4 yr olds. Even though my DH is quite helpful when he is home, he works long hours and I feel I am on my own most of the time. I am hoping it will get better the more I get used to having 3 around and as DS3 gets older and is happy to watch and learn from the older 2. I do feel like I am not giving any of my kids all the attention that they deserve as I only have time to do the necessary things at the moment and one on one time is non existant for any of them and I can see that it is upsetting the older 2 as they really don't understand (especially DS) and they are watching way more TV than I like just to help me occupy them. I have shed many tears over the past couple of weeks and it has made me feel better to read that other people feel the same. I don't think it is PND but I also know that if I continue to feel this way I should definately talk to my GP or health nurse. Sorry this post has been a little long but it feels good just to tell someone about it. I would also like to say that I am also so greatful to have these 3 beautiful children in my life. I hope things start to settle down for you soon.
awww B's, big hugs to you. You are not a bad mum, you are a great mum with 3 very young girls who all want their mummy. It's no wonder you feel strecthed so thin.

Love misskel's advice about getting in a cleaner - DO IT!!! the girls wont care or remember what the house looks llike and if it saves you the extra stress, then go for it. Make up a list of what you need done and leave them to it.

and like Tallulah said, is Kindy or daycare an option? even just for one day a week or a couple of mornings?

And if all else fails, back to the thought pattern of "one hour at a time" and "this to shall pass" because it will. You will find as the girls get older there is a more predictable pattern and you will be able to sneak in some quality time with them.

hugs smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

oh lovey!!! Your kids are 3 and 1 and 1 month! They are all really hard ages on their own, let alone all together!! All 3 ages are totally demanding, totally draining and no wonder you are feeling the way you are. My youngest is 3 and my god I couldn't possible imagine trying to look after a 1yr old and a 1 month all at the same time!
My 3 yr old is also stamping her foot and being stroppy and she doesn't have any younger siblings. She has 1 older sibling who is 6 and adores her and tries to look after her. She essentially has 3 parents and she is still incredibly hard work and totally demanding. You will come out the other side soon. I promise. try and get some timeouts for yourself if you can and try and break it up so the kids are engaged with other things such as kindergym or meet ups with other parents and kids where they can all play together and distract each other so the parents can have a brandy, I mean cup of tea...
Honestly, they are all so little - you are totally amazing even if you aren't feeling it. Even just a 1 month old on their own!!! That alone is so time consuming and drains you. Soon they will all just be that little older and it will feel much better.
lots of love to you
xxxx

jazool wrote:
awww B's, big hugs to you. You are not a bad mum, you are a great mum with 3 very young girls who all want their mummy. It's no wonder you feel strecthed so thin.

Love misskel's advice about getting in a cleaner - DO IT!!! the girls wont care or remember what the house looks llike and if it saves you the extra stress, then go for it. Make up a list of what you need done and leave them to it.

and like Tallulah said, is Kindy or daycare an option? even just for one day a week or a couple of mornings?

And if all else fails, back to the thought pattern of "one hour at a time" and "this to shall pass" because it will. You will find as the girls get older there is a more predictable pattern and you will be able to sneak in some quality time with them.

hugs smile
yes! totally agree with it all!
Sign in to follow this topic