Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

4 year old immunisations Rss

As of the 1st of July they have changed the immunisations schedule. The 18months & 4 year old are combined into one needle. So no 4 year old needle at all smile
Yes, it is now recommended that they have them done at 3.5yrs. Actually once my son turned 3.5 we recieved a parcel in the mail containing info on why it's changed & also came with a childrens paperback story book about getting vaccinations.

My son's 4 in November but I've been dragging my feet as my DD was so miserable after her 4yr old vaccinations, febrile, miserable & weak muscles for about 3 days sad sad
My DS had it last week as his 18month immunisation. They gave me the print out with all the info on it! He was actually booked in for the end of June & they told me to wait until after the 1st so he could have the new stock smile
Unless my doctor has misinformed me.....??? sad
I only know that my niece had her 4 yr old needles today,1 in each arm

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hmmm, now I'm confused. Will be calling my doctors surgery tomorrow!
On the pamphlet I received in the mail the other day it says:

What Has Changed?

MMRV (Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella) will be given at 18 mths. It has replaced the MMR vaccine previously given to four year olds and the varicella vac.(for chickenpox) given to 18mth olds.Vac. Available from 1 July 2013.

The new schedule:

12 mths - measels,mumps, rubella

18 mths - measels, mumps, rubella varicella

4 yrs - children will still require a vac. to protect against other serious infections including diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (Whooping cough) and polio.

So they will still need to get shots at 4yrs, some are just given earlier at 18 mths.

My DD is over 3.5 and I didn't get anything in the mail. I did get that print out of what you put up little miss from her daycare. How many people got them done earlier?? I'm not sure now, might have to make an appointment for her.

My ds is 4 at the end of Sept. I am going to wait to then. Do they get one or two needles? I am confused. I am getting a bit worked up over ds getting them done.

Sign in to follow this topic