Huggies Forum

  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. not sure about teeth whitening results

not sure about teeth whitening results Lock Rss

hi there
has anyone ever done an at home whitening kit from the dentist (different from supermarket)
it has cost me so much money and I was so excited to try it, but I have been using it only for 5 days and am getting sooo sensitive teeth to the point of little electric type shocks in my teeth....and I have another 11 days to go! ahhhh...not sure if this is worth it, because in daylight...my teeth still look yellow sad
mirabi wrote:
hi there
has anyone ever done an at home whitening kit from the dentist (different from supermarket)
it has cost me so much money and I was so excited to try it, but I have been using it only for 5 days and am getting sooo sensitive teeth to the point of little electric type shocks in my teeth....and I have another 11 days to go! ahhhh...not sure if this is worth it, because in daylight...my teeth still look yellow sad


I had mine done at the dentist and I received those little shocks for 24 hours afterwards. they were awful!!! but the end result was worth it. I would think after 5 days you should be seeing some form of whitening so I would be ringing your dentist just to make sure. But those shocks are normal i'm sorry to say
The sensitivity is very normal... Particulalry if youre prone to senstitive teeh. It's not very pleasant but dental kits are sooo much better for your teeth than supermarket/chemist ones, so it's worth what you've spent!

Try using sensodyne (DON'T brush with it... After your normal brush at night, Just smear a little with your finger around your sensitive areas and don't rinse...) you'll find the sensitivity settles pretty quickly. If it doesn't, check with you dentist. Also, double check you are using the correct amount of bleach, don't be tempted to use anymore than you're meant to. smile

Goodluck, hope you love the results!
I just use equal parts hydrogen peroxide and water, with baking soda mixed to form a paste consistency plus a tiny squirt of my toothpaste (for taste), and that works a treat. The hydrogen peroxide can be found at your supermarket for under $5.

http://www.healthierpost.com/is-hydrogen-peroxi...
Sign in to follow this topic