Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

what would you have done ? Rss

So i have a 2 year old i decided to take him and his brothers to a place similar to lollipops play land. His brothers are older so they were in the big kids area anyways my 2year old was playing happily in the toddlers area with a few other mothers around with their little ones, i stepped out for no more than 5sec I turn around and another kid is shoving him into the corner while his mother is nicely chatting away not paying any attention to what hes doing, i go to grab my son but too late hes already hit him in the face twice. After he had hit him than she comes running to tell him off arghh well if she was paying any attention that wouldn,t of happened! I didnt really retaliate cause one its not the kids fault and second he is only a toddler so I wouldnt feel much of a big person yelling at his mother to look after her kid. What do think about mothers who don't pay attention to their little ones? I know its nice to have a break and have a chat but still if you know your kid is one that does things like that PAY MORE ATTENTION!
Hi,
Sorry your little one was hurt sad

Look we all make mistakes. To be honest if I go to play centre I am not watching my kids 100% of the time. I have three kids so basically it's impossible.

Kids are learning and make mistakes. I think the mother did the right thing by handling the situation rather than turning away from it.

If she ignored it or it continually happened then I would start to get a bit frustrated!
Sorry that this happened to your DS.

We had a problem with where my eldest went too. This kid had it for mine & the parents couldn't care less. I complained to the lady who ran the program & they said they never notice anything & would keep an eye on it all. They never did. So we stop going there. But the day we left this kid walk past mine while i was watching & slap my son on the face. I yelled don't hit him & that when the mum knew what happened.

I think you can't always have your eyes on the kids the whole time. You may find that lady feels bad.

Jarylee wrote:
Hi,
Sorry your little one was hurt sad

Look we all make mistakes. To be honest if I go to play centre I am not watching my kids 100% of the time. I have three kids so basically it's impossible.

Kids are learning and make mistakes. I think the mother did the right thing by handling the situation rather than turning away from it.

If she ignored it or it continually happened then I would start to get a bit frustrated!

Agree with jarylee. It's almost impossible to keep an eye on them 100% of the time. I say this with kindness but to give perspective- you said you had turned away too and therefore you weren't paying attention either, right??
Nobody likes seeing their little ones get hurt, its very distressing sad i think you did the right thing by removing him from the situation smile
Yeah I was thinking the same as Sunshine and Lollipops....
I am sorry it happened to your child but it is one of those things that is going to happen every now and then.
Even when I am watching and warning my children I have sometimes seen a conflict coming and been to far away from them to get hold of them before they get to eachother.

Sucks when you're kids get hurt for sure! I have 3 kiddies & am lucky enough to have two older kids too so I trust them to be good.but my 2yr old DS I never know what he'l do so I am in the toddler area playing with him and also making sure nothing happens to him.

Sorry your DS got hurt!
Hi ladies ,

Thanks for your kind words well most of use smile I know I was at wrong by not paying attention those 5sec, was still near the play area just standing near the gate to check on my other two thought my boy would be fine. I think I was just upset as too another child hitting my kid. But c'mon if your just their watching one kid I don't think it's that hard to just glance over and see what your child is doing. But all kids are innocent especially at 2-3years old. I don't really go to those places much but don't think we'll be back there any time soon.
LoveMyThreeBoys313 wrote:
But c'mon if your just their watching one kid I don't think it's that hard to just glance over and see what your child is doing.

TBH it sounds like she did? Its not like she didn't notice at all, she, just like you, didn't notice the exact second it started happening. And she intervened and corrected her child when she did notice - its not like she saw and then ignored it.

+1 to sunshine and lollypops.
Well tell me what would you have done if your child was hit yeah think you would feel the same not looking for points just stating if you know your child ain't good around other kids I'd be playing and interacting with him rather than talking in a corner the whole time.
Well tell me what would you have done if your child was hit yeah think you would feel the same not looking for points just stating if you know your child ain't good around other kids I'd be playing and interacting with him rather than talking in a corner the whole time.

Who says he isn't good around other kids? Toddlers are so fast and who's to say your child didnt hit first? I know when I take my 3 to the play centre I can't watch them all the time and often do sit and watch from a distance, I don't think you can jump to the conclusion that she wasn't watching her child.

Yes it was bad that your child was hit and you removed your child from the situation as soon as you were aware of it, but unless you saw the whole thing I don't think you should be judging this other child and saying that they arent good around others, when really you don't know that

Sometimes kids just don't like another kid on a certain day. Parents can't control how their child feels.
You may find this little kid was having a bad day. And he probably plays fine with others , you or i don't know how he plays normally.

Sign in to follow this topic