Huggies Forum

Do you swear? Lock Rss

not a lot/rarely but really sometimes out of frustration.I swear in the car when I am alone usually at someone who pulls out in front of me etc

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Yip i have a potty mouth ( my mum likes to call it this ) I avoid it around DS though

YES, I must admit I can be quite the potty mouth, I try very hard to restrain myself around DS.

He was saying bugger before mum :/
Nope not really

Yes. And most of the time I don't even notice but if I do, I pull myself up

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

Yes I do. I say the Sh#*t word. Have never said the F word though. That word disgusts me. I have to be careful as my now 4yr old copies me. He also tells me off for saying bad words grin

I haven't been much of a swearer being around other peoples kids had made me that way But before that i was horrible for it.

Now I only swear occasionally but when i get frustrated its a different story but instead of saying every name under the sun i replace every bad word with a sweet one e.g S#!t = sugar , that horrible C word is Candy the other day it was Candy crush lmao, Ive had people laugh at me because of it and i must admit it would be quite funny to hear someone who is extremely angry going on about sweet lollies haha.

I am so afraid of DS repeating everything, DF would have to be the worst for swearing he always gets told by everyone we see that he needs to cut it out.

No never mainly because I never had parents that swore. I tell my ds that swearing is for those with limited vocabs and cannot express themselves in other ways. My children will be exposed to swearing constantly at school etc but I believe the biggest influence is at home and it is not tolerated under my roof. Ha...... I sound so good. I have a fairly colourful past but a foul mouth is one thing I have never had.
I swear all the time. I used to feel bad about it, but the older I get the less it bothers me. I have a fantastic vocabulary, but sometimes there really is no alternative word that expresses my feelings adequately. My children rarely swear. If they do, I tell them that I would prefer them to not do it until they are old enough to understand the potential implications of doing so. That said, I haven't ever come across any implications for swearing; not that I'm aware of, anyway. Mostly the implications seem to be others being judgemental about it, and I think being judgemental is far worse than swearing.

kerrie, VIC, DD 12/8/03, DD 12/10/05, DD 14/9/07, DD 4/1/10

kerriej wrote:
I swear all the time. I used to feel bad about it, but the older I get the less it bothers me. I have a fantastic vocabulary, but sometimes there really is no alternative word that expresses my feelings adequately. My children rarely swear. If they do, I tell them that I would prefer them to not do it until they are old enough to understand the potential implications of doing so. That said, I haven't ever come across any implications for swearing; not that I'm aware of, anyway. Mostly the implications seem to be others being judgemental about it, and I think being judgemental is far worse than swearing.

I swear occasionally, but try to keep it appropriate to the situation and company. Honestly I blaspheme far more than swear, oh dear L is said a bit too often :/ I think there are lots of potential consequences to swearing, including causing offence to others (it doesn't need to be directed at a person for some people to find it offensive), being unprofessional etc. I like your idea of linking the use to understanding context, consequences and socially 'acceptable' use smile

There is a myriad of ways to offend others though. People are all different, and the things that offend them are many and complex. I'm offended by people being in our way at the shops and not acknowledging us when we say 'excuse me', which is the polite thing to do. I would never suggest they stop doing that so as to not offend me, particularly when they seem perfectly happy in their rudeness.

kerrie, VIC, DD 12/8/03, DD 12/10/05, DD 14/9/07, DD 4/1/10

I'm a shocker for it, gotten better though as i don't want Harper swearing. I guess i do it cause i grew up with my parents swearing.

Sign in to follow this topic