Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. car help please - 7 seats preferably, 3 car seats

car help please - 7 seats preferably, 3 car seats Lock Rss

Hey there,
I am freaking out somewhat. I am now 37 weeks pregnant and still haven't found a car. Not sure if I said but a few weeks ago we found a car and I managed to drive into the back of someone 2 days before I was trading it in for a pajero. I have then had to wait for the insurance money to be able to get a new car. (which I got last week) Trouble is, I am struggling to find a pajero that fits what we need. So I am now having to think about other options.

I am wanting a 4wd. (no bigger then a pajero) as fuel efficient as possible. not diesel. 7 seats preferably. boot space. lots of room on the inside. my back up is something like a crv, outlander or xtrail, but I have no idea what they are like in terms of car seats. I really want something roomy on the inside. dh is over 6 ft and struggles with leg space and I hate being cramped. budget is up to $12000.

Help!!!
lol yes it really has. I am totally unprepared. totally overwhelmed by how much stuff I have to get sorted and car stuff does my head in. We have been car "shopping" since 30 weeks once I realised our other car wasn't suitable and it has been one drama after another. yesterday went out with the one reliable car we have and it overheated all the way home. It was a 25 min trip and it took me 3 hours. fun!! that has gone in to be looked at today. unfortunately whatever repairs it needs has to come out of our car budget...
I am having trouble finding 7 seater ones here too. sad Worst case scenario is I will have to get a 5 seater and upgrade later. Just so frustrating though!!
We have a 7 seater nissan patrol, which I love, I am 35 weeks preg with baby #4 and we just put the baby car seat in on the weekend so we now have 3 car seats in. It's diesel though.
i was thinking about a challenger. what are they like. I thought patrols were bigger, heavier and used more fuel so I never bothered looking at them....
I think an xtrail will be too small, but I am getting desperate....
thanks. smile Axiom the links aren't working for me. It goes to the site but it has no cars on it. I hadn't heard of the explorer, but the territorys I have been in and they were quite good. i didn't think they had 7 seats, but I will have a look.
OC1246 wrote:
thanks. smile Axiom the links aren't working for me. It goes to the site but it has no cars on it. I hadn't heard of the explorer, but the territorys I have been in and they were quite good. i didn't think they had 7 seats, but I will have a look.

there are both 7 & 5 seater territories

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

We have 4 kids and struggled to find a vehicle also. We decided that 4 wheel drives were too limited in their bootspace (there is none once you use the back row of seats) and I wanted to be able to walk through to back on trips if I needed to. We had hired a van in Canada a few years ago and I was hooked. So we bought a tarago, 8 seats. BRILLIANT!! I love it so much and I can't imagine driving anything else.
We looked at the BMW x5, I'm not sure how expensive they are over there, but they are pretty fuel efficient and come in 7 seater smile

thanks littlemiss and vkw. smile ddon, I actually prefer the pre2000 models of pajero as you have the option of just using one seat and you still have a lot of bootspace.

what are taragos like fuel wise? i am not a tarago person, but I might be swayed in my current state of mind....grin
I've heard Territories use a lot of fuel. I have a friend with one and she was shocked by the consumption sad

X-Trails are not very big across the back seat. I have 2 friends with them and both love the vehicle, but with 2 car seats in you can't sit anyone in the middle (They don't care, neither are planning more kids smile )

I have a Santa Fe because I wanted a smallish 4WD that could fit 3 seats. I have had a capsule/rear facing, a large forward facing and a booster in comfortably. Mine is diesel, but is reasonably economical to run. The biggest downside is that the 2 rear seats are not full sized. An small adult can sit in them, but not a tall person wink
angel kisses wrote:
I've heard Territories use a lot of fuel. I have a friend with one and she was shocked by the consumption sad

The biggest downside is that the 2 rear seats are not full sized. An small adult can sit in them, but not a tall person wink

We had an issue with this too. As much as I swore I would never buy a people mover, we ended up doing so as we didn't like the idea of the kids not having full sized seats particularly while being in carseats/boosters. Plus as we were buying it new and we will probably have to keep it until it dies we will need the full sized rear seats as the kids get older.

I've heard that about the Territories too. Plus like Rosie Mumma said, I have seen a few lemons on ACA/Today Tonight. Yet I've spoken to others who have one and think that they are fantastic too!

OC - Just wondering why you don't want diesel?

Sign in to follow this topic