Huggies Forum

Share a secret with me! Rss

I dont think I have any secrets. I am too much of a blabber mouth to have any. grin

I am suffering from depression. Only my Dh and doctor know this.

I dream of being a no t.v household. We were once and I loved it but I know there is no point talking to dh about this because his hobby is gaming. I don't tell anyone else incase they think I am crazy.
Eek! This thread is making my tired head spin smile

I am now feeling very tame .....

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

We have no t.v durning the week but come weekend and holidays and it's on.
ah unique- thats just terrible. Makes me so angry at our society.

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Mum Of 3 Cuties wrote:
Ok I'm going to be bold and daring!! laugh

I once slept with a married man that wasn't my DH gasp

You mean before you were married..... Right???!! tongue
When I was 18 I slept with a guy (whom I thought was a friend). We were really drunk. When I awoke the next morning after not much sleep and still out of it, he was "inside" me having sex again. Looking back now I know it was rape as I was actually passed out and so weak I couldn't really stop it. I got pregnant and had an abortion. When I told him his first words were "I'm not going to marry you" - charmer hey!!

Only my sister and a close friend knew I was going through this. I still think about this time in my life a lot even though it's now over 25 years later.
Only my friends and family know this about me........no one on here does
My son lives with his father, I gave him full custody as I failed to step up and be a mother after our relationship ended when he had an affair.
I went into a downward spiral became depressed and an alcoholic, I wanted my son to have the best chance possible and that was going to be with his dad.
it took me 2 years to sort myself....counselling and rehab.....
I am now sober have been for coming up three years now, I see my son all the time and am heavily involved in his life....I screwed up and made mistakes that I'm not proud of but I made sure he was number one and looked after through it all, I'll forever be making it up to him for the time I couldn't look after him or myself

I think it was selfish of me not to step up but I think making sure he had the best life was the best thing....I will forever have to live with my decision of giving up custody and going down that certain path I did, at the same time I can't forever beat myself up about it, he is ok, I'm ok, and we have to focus on the now not the past, I'm proud of how far I have come today.....I still have my son in my life and I'm thankful for it! smile

Misslily13 - I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you. Big, big Congrats on pulling yourself out of it and getting sober smile I'm sure that your little man knows that you love him very much and that he loves you.

My mother grew up with her father who was an alcoholic and he still was for all the years that I knew him. A lot of my memories of him are to do with around that and him putting himself into detox/rehab. Please try to not feel too guilty about it - easy said than done I know - but you've come out the other end. I'm sure in years to come he is going to have so many good memories of time he spent with mummy that they will outweigh any possible ones he may have from the time that mummy wasn't well. Well done again smile
I think you show a lot of courage to share that MissLily. Well done to you for recognising your issues, confronting them and following through with becoming sober. I have no doubt you are a wonderful mum.

As for my secret I slept with my brother-inlaw's best friend the night before I met my now DH. You might need to read that one twice to make sense of it.

Andreandfiona wrote:
Misslily13 - I can't imagine how hard that must have been for you. Big, big Congrats on pulling yourself out of it and getting sober smile I'm sure that your little man knows that you love him very much and that he loves you.

My mother grew up with her father who was an alcoholic and he still was for all the years that I knew him. A lot of my memories of him are to do with around that and him putting himself into detox/rehab. Please try to not feel too guilty about it - easy said than done I know - but you've come out the other end. I'm sure in years to come he is going to have so many good memories of time he spent with mummy that they will outweigh any possible ones he may have from the time that mummy wasn't well. Well done again smile

Thank you, guilt I think I will always feel but hope to overcome this one day smile my son was being looked after by family and never witnessed any bad mummy moments he also was very young and would never remember if there was, in saying that I will as he gets older have to answer the questions I know he will ask, mummy wasn't well, couldn't look after herself or you, this will be a tough challenge but i believe my son will understand, we today share a very special relationship smile

Sign in to follow this topic