Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Dust Buster / Hand Held Vacuum Recommendations?

Dust Buster / Hand Held Vacuum Recommendations? Lock Rss

My mum asked me what I wanted for our 14th wedding anniversary which is coming up on 19 December.

So I thought I wouldn't mind a dust buster or similar. Can anyone recommend a good one? I would rather get mum and other rellies to go in together and get us one good gift that I would enjoy using rather than get a cheap dust buster only to find out it's no good.

I would like one that is sucky enough and the battery could last long enough to vacuum the car.

We have a black and decker dust buster and it is fab. I use it mainly for quick clean ups after the kids eat like for crumbs and such. I have used it for a basic clean in the car but it'll never do as good a job as a normal vacuum cleaner IMO, But it's ok for in between cleans. They aren't ridiculously expensive either. They are a very handy little machine smile

Eta- ours is mounted in the laundry and we keep it plugged in on charge so it's always charged up ready to go. The battery lasts well.
My friend has a dyson stick vac that's pretty awesome. She says it last about 20 mins before needing recharging. Not cheap though, I think around the $2-$300 mark.

*misskel* wrote:
We have a black and decker dust buster and it is fab. I use it mainly for quick clean ups after the kids eat like for crumbs and such. I have used it for a basic clean in the car but it'll never do as good a job as a normal vacuum cleaner IMO, But it's ok for in between cleans. They aren't ridiculously expensive either. They are a very handy little machine smile

Eta- ours is mounted in the laundry and we keep it plugged in on charge so it's always charged up ready to go. The battery lasts well.

Thanks Misskel smile. Yeah they will never be as good as a real vacuum. I want it for the same reasons as you - quick clean ups. Crumbs around the place and in the carseat etc.

missy_83h wrote:
My friend has a dyson stick vac that's pretty awesome. She says it last about 20 mins before needing recharging. Not cheap though, I think around the $2-$300 mark.

Thanks missy I'll have a google on the dyson one, sounds good. Even if they just contribute a bit of cash towards it and I make up the rest it would be good.

we have the black and decker dustbuster pivot 18v.

like you we purchased the cheaper ones a few times. they are bloody useless.

this one cost $165 and we cant believe we waited so long to get a proper one. has great suction, so good in the kitchen area after the kids have dropped all their food. it is definitely worth spending a little bit extra.
^Mumto2Ts^ wrote:
we have the black and decker dustbuster pivot 18v.

like you we purchased the cheaper ones a few times. they are bloody useless.

this one cost $165 and we cant believe we waited so long to get a proper one. has great suction, so good in the kitchen area after the kids have dropped all their food. it is definitely worth spending a little bit extra.

Thanks so much for the tip on this one. That's a great price too - she could go halfsies with my sister. I'll google it and send a link to Mum I think.

there are only 2 kinds of dust busters you should buy. for dust buster, the battery is very important, so you should have to buy lithium battery tech. i offer you buy one of 3 these dust buster which is perfect for your demand and save money. you can read more review here >> http://dustbuster-review.com
Sign in to follow this topic