Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Do you tell DH/DP about everything you buy?

Do you tell DH/DP about everything you buy? Lock Rss

Question. Do you tell your partner what you buy whether for your kids or yourself? Do you sometimes hide it because you think he'll get annoyed.
Some of my friends seem to hide ALOT, especially when it comes to clothes for their kids. Since being on maternity leave I feel like I have to justify what I but because I don't earn an income so I tell DH everything. He has told me to stop and just get whatever I feel appropriate for dd. He even told me to buy something for myself the other day because since dd was born I don't get myself anything. I've lost interest in shopping for myself.

I tell hubby everything, he will find out anyway. Hubby doesn't care most of the time if i buy the boys clothes but when it comes to toys he says they don't need anything & it's time to give toys away they don't play with.

Hubby doesn't tell me what he buying cause he sneaks it in when it comes in the mail but i normally notice new things.

My2QTpies you are sooo right! I find these people that hide things all spend wayyy more than is reasonable on a child who outgrows everything, and it's not like they can afford to either! If you have the money, then go for it, but when you are already living above your means your child can probably do without the designer clothes.
Funny thing is because I'm bf I too hate buying clothes for myself. When I'm not bf anymore I think it will be easier

I like to tell DH how much I saved not how much I've spent Honestly there no issue in our relationship where I feel I have to hide things. I do experience guilt when I purchase certain things for myself. For example I hate buying bras because the ones I like are $80 each and I feel awful every time I need new ones.

I tell dp everything, we are on a really tight budget atm so we have to be on the same page with our finances.
Pinkie Pie wrote:
I like to tell DH how much I saved not how much I've spent Honestly there no issue in our relationship where I feel I have to hide things. I do experience guilt when I purchase certain things for myself. For example I hate buying bras because the ones I like are $80 each and I feel awful every time I need new ones.

OMG I'm the same with bras. I always remind DH how expensive they are. Although at the moment with BF I just live in bonds feeding singlets!

We always tell each other what we buy. Dh tells me I can buy what I need/want and don't need to justify it, but it always show him what I buy whether it's for the girls or myself or whatever. The only thing I hide is his birthday/Xmas presents lol.
4 surprises. wrote:
My DH loves shopping so we go together and buy clothes for the kids and we always pick up something for ourselves along the way laugh Its easier when your DH loves to shop but gets more expensive.haha

He loves shopping? My DH hates it so when I do shopping online (all the bloody time haha) he's reckons its awesome because he doesn't get dragged along grin

My_little_dazzler wrote:
4 surprises. wrote:
My DH loves shopping so we go together and buy clothes for the kids and we always pick up something for ourselves along the way laugh Its easier when your DH loves to shop but gets more expensive.haha

Lol same tongue

Same here too smile If he's not with me I tell him what I got and I can tell by his face he is thinking why are you justifying this to me cause I really don't mind smile He has commented before that DD certainly had enough clothes and maybe I should focus on me instead of only the kids
I like showing my hubby what I have brought because I get excited. He really could not care less as long as bills are paid, food is on the table and a little is saved. Most of the time that means we don't have any extra to spend.
No, only until he sees it smile but sometimes yes if i really have to decide and if its expensive smile
Yeah pretty much, most of the stuff I buy is for the kids or birthday gifts for the family etc. Occasionally I'll buy clothes or shoes, but rarely. DH doesn't mind what I buy though smile

Sign in to follow this topic