Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Do you tell DH/DP about everything you buy?

Do you tell DH/DP about everything you buy? Lock Rss

I usually tell him, just because I am excited about it! He earns it, but its our money. If he would like to consider it "his" money, then he can pay me the rates for childcare, chef, gardener and cleaner, in which case he couldn't afford me - so this arrangement works quite well.
We don't buy stuff for ourselves usually and we normally talk about it with the other person before hand just as a courtesy and because it comes up in everyday conversation.

I don't tell him everything I buy but if asks I will tell him or sometimes I just like showing him what I got smile
He is pretty good and never had an issue with what I buy
yup we're a full disclosure family.
not because I have to tell DH what I spend money on... he doesn't care - but because I think its respectful to discuss as we share all our accounts and I see no reason to keep it from him.

Although he has started making some secret little purchases... He's obviously started smoking again but doesn't want to tell me, but its hard not to notice the purchases he is making at the dairy and not draw conclusions (when I look at internet banking, not to snoop just to track our spending iykwim) its on 'the list' of things to discuss when I've got the energy lol I'm pretty sure he knows I know and I know he knows I know but we both pretend that I don't know (WOW if you got that confusing little bit you deserve a medal)
If it's a cute cardie or dress for our little one I do, & show him but singlets & all in ones are not very exciting but essential so I don't bother. We have $50 'pocket money' each week, so if you use your pocket money you can get whatever you like.
My DP doesnt care if i spend money as long as i tell him before hand so he can make sure there is money in the everyday account so i dont look like a mug when i go to pay and there is nothing in there. He actually urges me to buy clothes for myself but im really paranoid about spending money etc

So yeah i tell him what i buy but he isnt bothered about it we dont really hide things from each other pretty open here.

Yes and no some times I do some times I don't.
If it's every day stuff then no if it's a big purchase I just mention it as he gets the bill smile
I tell hubby everything hes the one that hides things cause he knows its gunna blow the budget out but I always find out cause I do the budget. Hes soooo bad with money. I have taken his master card off him a couple of times
No secrets here either!!! Always ALWAYS tell him everything. smile
i only tell him if I am particularly excited over the purchase. dh doesn't care and trusts that I buy what is needed and accepts that I sometime go a little overboard with them. we have a clothing budget for the kids so as long as I stick to that, all is well.

when it comes to my clothes, I use my own money so I don't feel the need to tell him and once again he is not interested lol.

we discuss other purchases for the house.
We always tell each other what we buy. We both love to shop for ourselves and for our daughter on the way!

Not every little detail, but I would mention something like "I've spent $100 (or whatever) today" although DH couldn't care less. And I show him stuff that I'm excited about ie. cute clothes for DD. smile
NZ Mumma + 1 wrote:

Although he has started making some secret little purchases... He's obviously started smoking again but doesn't want to tell me, but its hard not to notice the purchases he is making at the dairy

Hm, that's the second time today that someone mentions that they think their partner smokes because of the spending. Wouldn't you notice it from his clothes anyway? (I used to be a smoker and even though I always washed my hands, used deodorant and had chewing gum all the time, I think non-smokers could still smell it on me)
Sign in to follow this topic