Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Allergies Rss

I have fructose malabsorption and lactose intolerance and my DD1 also has lactose intolerance. I have to say fructose mal sucks balls big time.

My son and I are allergic to kiwi fruit, i am also allergic to codeine, unsure about DD

This sounds weird but my son and I react to certain types of bandaids, they leave a horrible burn-like mark. I have no idea why. Fortunately we don't have any food allergies or intolerances, I am grateful for that.
I have allergies to penicillin and tetracycline. I'm also lactose intolerant.

DD is intolerant to wheat and oats (so possibly gluten), dairy and soy.
DS2 has no dietary allergies/intolerances, but reacts to bandaids and surgical tape.
DS1 is allergic to mango. I am quite sure he is intolerant to wheat but I'm not able to get him onto an elimination diet to prove it.
Slacktarts wrote:
This sounds weird but my son and I react to certain types of bandaids, they leave a horrible burn-like mark. I have no idea why.

This is exactly the reaction that DS2 has!
Slacktarts wrote:
This sounds weird but my son and I react to certain types of bandaids, they leave a horrible burn-like mark. I have no idea why. Fortunately we don't have any food allergies or intolerances, I am grateful for that.

We do too, and I found out it's because some bandaids have latex in them and me and DD1 are allergic to latex lol ( I never realised until someone told me haha)

As for allergies apart from the bandaids the only thing is that DD1 is allergic to mozzie bites.

Other then that according to lots of tests i'm not lactose intolerant but if I have it I feel sick and get the runs so not sure how that works

Forever, for always and no matter what

DP has no allergies
Im allergic to tree nuts, but I love peanuts.
Dd1 has no allergies that we know of.
Dd2 is allergic to raw egg, pears, banana, and severely allergic to peanuts and kiwifruit. I still forget to take her epipen out of my bag to keep with her if she goes somewhere without me. Oops!
Ds as far as we know has lactose intolerance, his eczema flares up really bad if I eat egg, and bandaids leave red marks on his skin.
Ironically today we discovered my MIL is allergic to nuts. Strangely she has developed this allergy for the first time at the age of 75.
DS has milk, egg and nut allergies. Makes like very hard!
DH has sulphur, bee and pet allergies. He's also got asthma. I'm allergic to shellfish and I have hayfever.

Jas, what do you do with Ds if he has hay fever imagine yearly? Mines DD is allergic to dust and pollen as well..
Jas, how old is your Ds? It might be hereditary? have you tried desensitization treatment or using a humidifier?
PAIRS wrote:
Ironically today we discovered my MIL is allergic to nuts. Strangely she has developed this allergy for the first time at the age of 75.

Too late to discover an allergy at 75? She has to avoid a lot of foods smile
Sign in to follow this topic