Huggies Forum

This is bothering me abit Lock Rss

jazool wrote:
agree with everyone else,

i think its fine to have a 2 year old in a pram, all of mine were if I could get them to stay

and definately none of her business anyway

hope you are doing ok smile

Doing good, it just bothered me & i didn't know if it was me being pregnant or what.

Talk to hubby & he said i should of said keep your thoughts to yourself. But he knows that I don't like to be mean. He said if a family or friend said it i would of taken their heads off.

yep, its hard to tell a stranger to keep their opinions to themselves.

I dont either, and then I go away and stress about it too...

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Dunno about anyone else but its not an unusual thing to say/ hear in my world. Its not said judgmental or anything. Just people wanting to talk to the kids and/ or stir them up.

I don't feel the need to justify when i have the kids in the pram. But i guess most people around my town have seen me push the kids all around the place anyway.

OOOHHH... INTERNET FIGHT. WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO? CAPS LOCK ME TOO DEATH?
(Noddy's not fat ffs!)

Charmander wrote:
Ive only ever let little man walk with to neighbours houses or to the local shops (around the corner) if im only getting bread ane milk. You cant expect a little one to be able to walk everywhere.

That what i said to the lady that he would get tired half way & i end up carrying him. It's ok if hubby with me cause he can carry him while i hold our eldest hand.

My DD is just over 2.5 and goes in the buggy majority of the time. It's so much easier as I would also have the problem of we would be 5 minutes down the road or in the shopping centre and she would then want to be carried or let go of my hand to run off! Being heavily pregnant at the moment, that is def not an option of her being carried.

Don't worry about her comment blessings - sounds like your response was a lot nicer than what mine would have been smile I'll have DD in a buggy for as long as I possibly can grin
~NoDdY~ wrote:
Dunno about anyone else but its not an unusual thing to say/ hear in my world. Its not said judgmental or anything. Just people wanting to talk to the kids and/ or stir them up.

I don't feel the need to justify when i have the kids in the pram. But i guess most people around my town have seen me push the kids all around the place anyway.

+1 I often find people make comments that might seem a little strange or uncalled for but generally they are trying to interact with the kids.
There is nothing wrong with having your child in a pram for whatever reason. That women should have minded her own business and she is lucky you didn't tell her what she could so with her thoughts. My DD is 4 and a half and about a month ago we went to a show and we planned to spend most of the day there. I knew that she would get tired and that we would have to go earlier then we wanted so I took the pram. Most of the time she walked and we just put a bags, drink bottles, hats etc in the pram but she did use it. It worked well. Whenever she wanted a rest she could just sit in it and rest and we got to see everything we wanted to. Don't feel bad about using the pram. This is your child and you know them best and you know what you need to get down and how to help your little one cope with it and if that means they sit in a pram them so be it.
Sign in to follow this topic