Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Marriage Lock Rss

I took dhs name even though it means I now have a funny name lol. Not everyone gets it though. But I'm really proud to be a part of his family. I do know a couple that took on the wife's name, not sure why.... maybe he didn't like his!
I would Love to take the other half's name, but he is not fussed about getting married. We have been engaged for 10 years in may and have had 5 Munchkin's together with another due in July. Oh how I would love to buy that dress of my dreams. I don't care if he wares he birthday suit, I would just Love to feel Like a princess for a day and to have a day all to myself (bit selfish I know) but when your a mum and you have a partner you never seem to get a day just for you smile

A Mum of 4 Beautiful Little Girls, and another Munchkin baking in my Tummy!

Yes I did. I am proud to be a part of his family and want the same last name as my children. Simple really smile

Yes, because I was sick of people spelling my last name wrong, and me having to spell it out to people, now it gets spelt correctly 90% of the time, and when I have to spell it out it's only 7 letters instead of 10 smile

Aka G&L smile

*Beaker* wrote:
I took my DH's name, but our my initials stayed the same lol. I gladly took it, instead of spelling out my name every time before they asked, all I have to say now is "With an e" lol.

I'm not really a fan of hyphenated names, I guess I see the point for some people but bit long winded for me.

For me, part of being married is being a family, and sharing a name. And being a Mrs. People know you're married, and know who your family is.

I mostly have to say 'with an i not an e' smile

Aka G&L smile

giggle&laugh wrote:

People would also hear my last name and forget I had a first name, as it was similar to a first name, so they'd call me that or my surname, not my first name. Very common occurrence. I went from a 9 letter "Italian" name that I just always spelled out as it was never spelled right otherwise, to a 6 letter common name. To the point where yesterday at a new Spa, there was already someone else with my name in the system! hahaha.

yes I did because I wanted to and after years of having to spell both my first and surname it was a relief only to have spell i name LOL.My sil did not change hers, after marrying later in life she did not want to, their daughter has bils surname.One of my sister's changed hers and then changed it back when she divorced and also after a lot of time got the ex to sign papers to change their son's name too.My other sister is not married to her partner and their daughter has a hypenated name

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

I took dh's name but always regretted it then we split for 2 years and I went back to my maiden name. We have been back together for 3 years now and our relationship has never been better however I love having my own name back and will never change. My children have a different last name but that is not an issue for me.
*Beaker* wrote:
giggle&laugh wrote:

People would also hear my last name and forget I had a first name, as it was similar to a first name, so they'd call me that or my surname, not my first name. Very common occurrence. I went from a 9 letter "Italian" name that I just always spelled out as it was never spelled right otherwise, to a 6 letter common name. To the point where yesterday at a new Spa, there was already someone else with my name in the system! hahaha.

hahaha my last name is a first name too, and I often get called by it, which I hate because its such a grandma-ish name smile

Aka G&L smile

I took DH's as I wanted the same last name as him and our kids and I hate it. I now have to spell both my first and last names and people still get my last name wrong as they don't listen and just assume they know how to spell it lol I tell DH all the time that we should all change our names to my maiden name as it's a much nicer name.... he loves me saying that tongue
Well aren't I in the minority! I didn't take my husbands name when we got married (nearly 9 years ago now). I felt a strong connection to my own name and none whatsoever to his so didn't there was never really any question about changing it. Our kids have his surname so I am the odd one out now but I still wouldn't change it.

giggle&laugh wrote:
*Beaker* wrote:
giggle&laugh wrote:

hahaha my last name is a first name too, and I often get called by it, which I hate because its such a grandma-ish name smile

Lol, Is it just me or does everyone else now want to know what giggle&laugh and beakers surnames are?! wink Lol.
Sign in to follow this topic