Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Sorry it's a bit late!!! DD2 is here!

Sorry it's a bit late!!! DD2 is here! Lock Rss

Hi girls

As title says sorry this is a bit late!

Katya arrived at 11.01am on 19th December 2013 by elective c section. Weighed 3.66kgs and 49cms long. Feeding like a trooper and DD1 loves her to bits. I'm recovering well, although have a slight concern with part of my scar so will be off to the doc tomorrow to get it checked out. DH was back at work last week, so we've also survived the first week by ourselves yay!!!!

Hospital over here was def an experience. Being in a ward with 10 other women, 11 babies as one had twins! I'm still picking my jaw up off the ground seeing the nurses come round with a trolley filled with formula bottles to hand out to everyone. Only three of us were breastfeeding and no real encouragement to do it. Interesting to see how different it is over here.

- hope the pic works as first time I've tried to do it and on my phone as don't have a PC.
Congrats! She is beautiful! (Can't believe what you said about all the formula - wow!).

They actually had different brands of formula to choose from - about three or four. They would give enough bottles until the trolley came around next time.
That's so sad about the formula thing, mums should at least give it a go and have some encouragement!!!

Congratulations, she is beautiful.

Congratulations on your little girl! What an experience in the hospital too. Can't quite imagine that. Great to hear you are doing well, hope your scar is ok.
Thanks ladies. Can't believe she is three weeks old already! And I was def glad to be home! Forgot to add that the lights on the ward wouldn't go out till midnight or after! Thank goodness I was out of there on the Sunday.

Def felt like the odd one out with feeding and sooooo glad I knew how to breast feed. The other two feeding was the mum with the twins, and a first time mum. I felt so sorry for the first timer, she was trying to get bubs to latch and I saw a nurse sitting on her bed - just watching. Didn't see her offering any advice apart from saying that if she wanted to supplement with formula she could! Wtf! I was actually even asked the same question.
Congratulatons of your beautiful little girl, hope you are all seelting in well together.

smile

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Congrats! Where are you as didn't think that formula was promoted like that in Australia or nz?

Congrats smile she's beautiful. And oh wow about the formula, so they didn't even need to mix up their own. Wow so different

I'm so sure I replied to this earlier....

Congratulations! grin She's gorgeous.

That's really odd about the formula unsure

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Pixie Chick wrote:
Congrats! Where are you as didn't think that formula was promoted like that in Australia or nz?

Oh it's not pixie chick! We are currently living in Dublin, Ireland. Has been very eye opening in regards to pregnancy and maternity care over here. While aus/nz are very much breastfeeding societies, in UK/Ireland it seems that formula feeding is in the majority.

doublewammy wrote:
Congrats smile she's beautiful. And oh wow about the formula, so they didn't even need to mix up their own. Wow so different

Nope, they didn't need to mix it! Came prepackaged in bottles and teats were provided for each bottle. Should have taken a picture. Bugger!
Andreandfiona wrote:
Hi girls

As title says sorry this is a bit late!

Katya arrived at 11.01am on 19th December 2013 by elective c section. Weighed 3.66kgs and 49cms long. Feeding like a trooper and DD1 loves her to bits. I'm recovering well, although have a slight concern with part of my scar so will be off to the doc tomorrow to get it checked out. DH was back at work last week, so we've also survived the first week by ourselves yay!!!!

Hospital over here was def an experience. Being in a ward with 10 other women, 11 babies as one had twins! I'm still picking my jaw up off the ground seeing the nurses come round with a trolley filled with formula bottles to hand out to everyone. Only three of us were breastfeeding and no real encouragement to do it. Interesting to see how different it is over here.

- hope the pic works as first time I've tried to do it and on my phone as don't have a PC.

Congrats (again) have been meaning to email you and ask about the birth. A real big change for you going from one in a room to 10! Still amazed at the formula trolley as well! Think you may know who this is but just in case (taitoko).
Sign in to follow this topic