Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

shoe size for older kids Rss

anyone with an 8 or 9 year old boy?

I took the kids shopping for new school shoes today and was shocked to realise my DS (will be 9 in April) needs a size 4- seems so big !!

and terrible mum that I am didn't realise how much his feet had grown and he had been wearing his size 2 shoes all last year without a complaint. Oops.

DD1 (nearly 7) is a 12.5.
DD2 (3 years) wears a kids 7

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

My boy is 7. I had to buy size 2 school shoes for him

DS2 is 4; he's in an 11 or 12.

DD is 2; she wears a 4. Nearly a 5. She's got tiny feet unlike the boys.
My DS1 seems to have smallish feet, he's 9 and has just been fitted in a 2. He did wear a 13 all last year though so like you I feel bad that I had been clearly stuffing him in there.

DD is 6 and has just been fitted in a 13. Like my boy she was only an 11 when measured at the start of last year...again without complaint smile
DS is 8.5yo and will most likely be in a 3 this year, unless I too have been squeezing him into a size 2! We're hopefully going shopping on Weds for shoes, so I'll let you know.
Oh, and DD1 (6) is a size 10/11 (depends on the shoe) and DD2 (3.5) is in a 8/9 (again, depends on the shoe).
glad I am not the only mum squishing her children into too small shoes smile

thanks 80's baby - I didn't even think of that but he has definately grown taller the last few months.

I am 157cm and he is nearing 140cm, won't be long til he is taller than me huh

ETA and yikes to your DD, sounds liks she will be tall too.

Lol Jazool don't feel bad my kids don't even go to school yet and DD2 has skipped many shoe sizes so obviously I cram them a lot. She never wore size 3 and never wore size 5 haha. Whoops

Forever, for always and no matter what

I think they can go up a size quite quickly so I doubt you've been torturing him with shoes that are too small. My 11 year old wears a men's size 8!
Sign in to follow this topic