Huggies Forum

Update on my pain Lock Rss

Some of you may remember I posted a question asking about pain relief a couple of days ago.
Well I went to my doctors appointment. She sent me to the emergency department of our regional hospital. Thankfully my mum was already watching DS.
So I had an interesting hours drive in heaps of pain in the car.
When I got into the ED they said that they thought it might be kidney stones. Usually they would do a CT scan to check, but because I'm pregnant they didn't want to do that. They wanted to do an ultrasound instead. But by the time I had got there it was too late to do an ultrasound.
They were trying to get my pain under control while they figured out where to put me. They gave me some coedine, but that didn't do anything. So they gave me 5mg of morphine. It took the edge off, but I was still in a lot of pain. So they gave me another 5mg, and then another, but it didn't do anything.

I ended up staying overnight in the Women's Assessment Unit because I'm pregnant.
In the morning my pain was a lot better. I was told that depending on the scan results I might have needed surgery. But then the pain went away. They took me for an ultrasound and found everything to be fine. So I got discharged.
So they think it was kidney stones, even though I didn't feel any pass. Yay for me.

Poor DS missed me, but when he and DH came to see me yesterday he didn't want to give me a cuddle. I think he was a bit scared because I had an IV in.
DH told me he missed me too. Poor guy had no idea what to do without me. He told me that when he got DS dressed in the morning he saw that DS didn't have any clean undies, and worried that he would have to do some washing when they got home. I didn't tell him that he would have found some clean ones if he had looked in the basket of folded washing roll eyes

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Good to hear the pain went away. Did they say what to do if it comes back? And bless your DH lol!

Beaker - they didn't say what to do exactly, but I have been told I need to keep drinking heaps while I'm pregnant. I also came away with a months worth of paracetamol and diclofenac.

*Mimsy - it was a bit scary at first, but the baby kept moving so I was relieved to know that at least the baby was fine.

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

Zinkles I feel for you, DH had kidney stones before with severe attacks and it's awful, he had to have his gall bladder removed. I hope you don't get anymore attacks while your pregnant. They said fatty foods can bring on attacks so no junk food (DH ate subway once right before an attack). When I was in hospital the other week I was surprised when the first nurse said to me they suspect kidney stones, I didn't think it was as I did have the pain like my DH and you describe. My CT scan is Thursday sad I wish there was another way to rule out PE.

Oh what an awful drama Zinkles sad Glad you and baby are OK for now though.

So funny about your hubby hehehe...hopeless!

Oh zinkles that sounds awful - kidney stones! I never would have thought. I'm glad the pain has stopped and baby is ok.
That sounds horrible, but im glad that you are feeling better now and that you and bub are doing well.

Men..... what would they do without us. Lol.

Pinkie - Ooh I feel for your DH. It hurt so much!
I actually thought of you when they mentioned the CT. They said it 'wouldn't be disastrous' if they had to do one, but would prefer not to. Hope everything goes well for you tomorrow smile

Tickled pink - They checked it for something, but I can't remember what. All they told me was what they found blood in there :/ They did say my white cell count was elevated though. They didn't check it again before discharging me, so hoping everything will be fine there.

Also, my disharge papers said that they want to see me for a follow up scan in 3 weeks time, but the doctor said I won't need one. I guess I'll just wait and see if hey send me an appointment...

Ooh zinkles I've been wondering about you. Glad you got checked out and know what the problem was. Hope the kidney stones don't come back.

Men hey - probably wouldn't have hurt your DH to have to look after DS would it!

That's sounds so terrible, glad that your feeling better now and that the pain went away. In regards to the urine test I think with stones that they usually check for calcium levels.
You poor thing mu dad gets kidney stones alot because of his medication so I know how painful they can be. So good that you passed them without needing surgery. Hopefully you dont get then agin.
Sign in to follow this topic