Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Household cleaning questions Rss

I'm just curious what others do...

1. Do you wear gloves for washing up?

2. Do you wear gloves when cleaning the toilet?

3. Do you bleach the chopping board? (The plastic kind)

4. Do you buy bin liners or re-use plastic shopping bags?

5. What brand clothes washing stuff do you use? Do you measure it as per the box/bottle? If not, do you use more or less than recommended?

6. Do you vacuum hard surfaces like kitchen/bathroom?

7. Do you kill spiders in the house or do you catch and release?

8. Do you defrost the fridge/freezer at all?

Thank you!

1. Do you wear gloves for washing up? No

2. Do you wear gloves when cleaning the toilet? No

3. Do you bleach the chopping board? (The plastic kind) No

4. Do you buy bin liners or re-use plastic shopping bags? Bin liners - only shopping bags we have here are ones you buy so I take cloth ones or don't use bags

5. What brand clothes washing stuff do you use? Do you measure it as per the box/bottle? If not, do you use more or less than recommended? Think I'm using Surf at the moment. Just chuck in a scoop that looks right.

6. Do you vacuum hard surfaces like kitchen/bathroom? Yes - vacuum everything

7. Do you kill spiders in the house or do you catch and release? Neither - we only have daddy long legs so I just leave them be

8. Do you defrost the fridge/freezer at all? When it looks like it needs it

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

1. Do you wear gloves for washing up? I hardly ever wash up by hand anymore, I use the dishwasher and if I do wash by hand it's only a few items so no gloves. When we didn't have a dishwasher I always used gloves because my skin gets very irritated by the detergent

2. Do you wear gloves when cleaning the toilet? Yes, again my skin gets irritated by the bleach so I tend to wear gloves when cleaning the whole bathroom

3. Do you bleach the chopping board? (The plastic kind) No

4. Do you buy bin liners or re-use plastic shopping bags? Both, I use a bin liner but I re use the shopping bags for food scraps when preparing meals

5. What brand clothes washing stuff do you use? Do you measure it as per the box/bottle? If not, do you use more or less than recommended? Usually OMO. I don't follow the box recommendation, I usually use a bit less but it depends how full the load is

6. Do you vacuum hard surfaces like kitchen/bathroom? Yes, sweeping is a pain in the bum

7. Do you kill spiders in the house or do you catch and release? Catch and release or ignore them. We get a few daddy long leg spiders around and I usually just leave them be

8. Do you defrost the fridge/freezer at all? No, probably should but I don't

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

1. Do you wear gloves for washing up? Na, couldn't be bothered

2. Do you wear gloves when cleaning the toilet? no, just wash hands really good afterwards

3. Do you bleach the chopping board? (The plastic kind) No, I spray if a natural disinfectant I have and wipe over with paper towels, but I have those plastic flexible types ones that look like place mats

4. Do you buy bin liners or re-use plastic shopping bags? Bin liners, when they run out ill use shopping bags till I can get more bin liners. Shopping bags are too small! Id be changing it several times a day grin

5. What brand clothes washing stuff do you use? Do you measure it as per the box/bottle? If not, do you use more or less than recommended? atm Earths choice liquid for nappies and I use about 2 capfuls, and regular washing I use a orange power washing powder and use just 1 scoop - so 1/2 less than recommended for my machine

6. Do you vacuum hard surfaces like kitchen/bathroom? yes, much easier than sweeping. I will sweep in between vacuums

7. Do you kill spiders in the house or do you catch and release? depends on the spider. the small scary ones unfortunately die

8. Do you defrost the fridge/freezer at all? no, my fridge is frost free smile

Thank you![/quote]

1. Do you wear gloves for washing up? I have a dishwasher so I rarely wash up but I never used to wear gloves but did end up with skin irritation

3. Do you bleach the chopping board? (The plastic kind) no just pop it in the dishwasher

4. Do you buy bin liners or re-use plastic shopping bags? Buy bin liners

5. What brand clothes washing stuff do you use? Do you measure it as per the box/bottle? If not, do you use more or less than recommended? OMO and I generally do a half scoop and then a half scoop of napisan too

6. Do you vacuum hard surfaces like kitchen/bathroom? Always

7. Do you kill spiders in the house or do you catch and release? Neither

8. Do you defrost the fridge/freezer at all? Yep every 2-3 months for the deep freeze

Thank you!

3. Do you bleach the chopping board? (The plastic kind). No

4. Do you buy bin liners or re-use plastic shopping bags? Bin liners

5. What brand clothes washing stuff do you use? Do you measure it as per the box/bottle? If not, do you use more or less than recommended? Rockin green. I think I use a bit less on most washes.

6. Do you vacuum hard surfaces like kitchen/bathroom? Yes

7. Do you kill spiders in the house or do you catch and release? Mostly leave them alone but if there is one near where kids sleep or play we remove it to the garden.

8. Do you defrost the fridge/freezer at all? No
1. Do you wear gloves for washing up? Yes

2. Do you wear gloves when cleaning the toilet? No, but I wash my hand with soap straight away.

3. Do you bleach the chopping board? (The plastic kind) No, but I have different boards for vegies, fish, meat and chicken and I use boiling water on them.

4. Do you buy bin liners or re-use plastic shopping bags? Bin liners for the kitchen, shopping bags for my scraps when cooking and shopping bags in the little bins around the house.

5. What brand clothes washing stuff do you use? Do you measure it as per the box/bottle? If not, do you use more or less than recommended? Surf and I usually use what they recommend, except for my husbands work clothes and I use nearly double haha

7. Do you kill spiders in the house or do you catch and release? Get my husband to kill, except daddy long legs. I hate spiders!

8. Do you defrost the fridge/freezer at all? No and I probably should

Thank you!
1. Do you wear gloves for washing up? Most of the time

2. Do you wear gloves when cleaning the toilet? Most of the time

3. Do you bleach the chopping board? (The plastic kind) no

4. Do you buy bin liners or re-use plastic shopping bags? Bin liners in the bin but plastic bags for food scraps when cooking and after craft and for bathroom bins

5. What brand clothes washing stuff do you use? Do you measure it as per the box/bottle? If not, do you use more or less than recommended? Usually cold power, sometimes radiant. I measure it out to match my wash load ie- 1/2 a scoop for medium load, full scoop for full load etc.

7. Do you kill spiders in the house or do you catch and release? Kill

8. Do you defrost the fridge/freezer at all? No, have frost free ones
1. Do you wear gloves for washing up?...no

2. Do you wear gloves when cleaning the toilet?...no

3. Do you bleach the chopping board? (The plastic kind)...np

4. Do you buy bin liners or re-use plastic shopping bags?...bin liners

5. What brand clothes washing stuff do you use? Do you measure it as per the box/bottle? If not, do you use more or less than recommended?...Radiant, a bit less

6. Do you vacuum hard surfaces like kitchen/bathroom?...yes

7. Do you kill spiders in the house or do you catch and release?...kill

8. Do you defrost the fridge/freezer at all?...we have a frost free

Thanks all for the replies I was interested as I often wonder if I do things right or normally. Sometimes people tell me I should do certain household cleaning things so I just wondered what people did more generally.

Coastie Girl wrote:
3. Do you bleach the chopping board? (The plastic kind) no, put it in the dishwasher. I figure the heat in there should be enough. But interested to see what others do, in case I should be!

This was one I was interested in too as I have been told to do it. But I never do! Seems most of us don't bleach our chopping boards though so I feel reassured!

Nai&BE wrote:
8. Do you defrost the fridge/freezer at all? No, why are you meant to?

I don't think so as most modern fridge/freezers are frost free. But I wondered if anyone ever did it routinely anyway. I have only done it when moving house and needing to clean the fridge out.

3. Do you bleach the chopping board? (The plastic kind) no

4. Do you buy bin liners or re-use plastic shopping bags? Re use plastic bags

5. What brand clothes washing stuff do you use? Do you measure it as per the box/bottle? If not, do you use more or less than recommended? Surf, yes

8. Do you defrost the fridge/freezer at all? No

1. Do you wear gloves for washing up? No but I don't wash up with a sink full of water I only use the brush that you put dishwash liquid in the end cause I get dermatitis if I put my hand in soapy water I really should buy gloves but I hate wearing them

2. Do you wear gloves when cleaning the toilet? Nope never

3. Do you bleach the chopping board? (The plastic kind) I don't have any plastic boards only wooden

4. Do you buy bin liners or re-use plastic shopping bags? we have to buy them because we have a huge bin

5. What brand clothes washing stuff do you use? Do you measure it as per the box/bottle? If not, do you use more or less than recommended? We use washing balls so don't use any powder or wash at all

6. Do you vacuum hard surfaces like kitchen/bathroom? yep

8. Do you defrost the fridge/freezer at all? nope never

Thank you![/quote]

Forever, for always and no matter what

Sign in to follow this topic