Huggies Forum

Sydney family trip advice Lock Rss

Hi little rascals, taronga zoo is a tiring day, yet I have a diff. opinion about it. If there is a zoo in your home city, you might want to see if they have an annual pass, we have the annual pass with Sydney's taronga and that gets you free admission to zoos at all capital cities.. (And apparently it's cheaper in other cities) if u catch the ferry, it takes you to the lower entrance where there is a great kids play area, petting farm and education area. Also a nice lawn to have a picnic... then you can slowly make your way up to see the other animals. Most ppl start from the top entrance and end up missing out on the kids area as it is way too big to visit in one day. If you don't have a zoo pass, then I find it too costly as it is almost impossible to see it all in a day...

Do a public transport day on Sunday. Buy a 'family funday Sunday" pass at the train station and you can travel full day on any train, ferry, bus, light rail, for only $2.50 each! We like to catch a train to circular quay, then catch a ferry to darling harbour & visit aquarium/wildlife park. Whilst u are at darling harbour, MUST visit the playground in darling quarters (you might recall where the old sega world was)...it's free, fun, water park and The kids LOVE it!! (Be prepared for spare clothes) And the adults get a good variety of cafe/restaurants there too..

Depending on what month u visit, look out for seasonal events such as free outdoor cinema, vivid light festivals, kite festival of the winds, sculptures by the sea... These outdoor public events are the things I like about Sydney..
Little Rascals wrote:
Hi all, I'm planning a trip to sydney for my kids birthdays (turning 3 and 5) and am after any recommendations for attractions to not miss with kids that age.

I was thinking taronga zoo, aquarium, sydney eye tower, luna park...

Is there anything that your family really enjoyed that I've missed or anything above that wasn't that great?

Also there is so much accomodation, can anyone recommend from experience a good place to stay for a family while still keeping the cost down?

Thank you!

Would you mind taking a cruise? You are not late. Take a tour in Sydney Harbour during Vivid Sydney light festival and its just two months away. I had cruised with my 4 YO boy in the last year and it came was just wonderful! Dont worry about the safety of your kids. The attendants are very friendly and they take care of all our needs in the cruise and we were delighted with their service. I guess, the festival commences on 23rd May. You should take a stroll at night to get the best feel of the festival!

Regarding the stay, let me discuss with my friends there and I will get back to you soon!
If you are planning for your next vacation then Sydney may be the best vacation. This place is brimming with culture, history, cuisine. The city is also home to the world-famous Sydney Harbor Bridge and Sydney Opera House.

best hotel booking website
e booking hotels
I love Sydney, We took the boys to the zoo & aquarium. I loved the zoo, the boys loved it at both places. Hubby wants to go back since we all had a great time

Cruise is a great idea. I cruised with my buddies three months ago as part of a birthday celebration and it came out fun-filled. We booked a lunch cruise on Sydney Harbour including a 2 hour complimentary sightseeing. It was really great and new experience. Harbour Bridge, Opera House and Luna Park were the main highlights. I’m attaching here a few pics. WORTH the money!
Sign in to follow this topic