Huggies Forum

Advice Lock Rss

So the other night one of the girls weed on the carpet outside the bathroom I mopped it up as best I could and sprinkled it with bicarb because I heard that was supposed to make it not smell. The idea being you sprinkle it over then the next day when it's dried you vacuum it up. Well that didn't work at all I vacuumed the next day and it got a heap of the dried stuff on top but it's left this massive white hard patch of bicarb that is soaked into the carpet or something. I have no idea how I'm supposed to get it out. Any ideas?

Forever, for always and no matter what

I have the scrubbing brush I bought for my shower the other day and haven't used yet. It's worth a shot though i'll go try it now.

It's definintely not something i'll do again lol. Perhaps its something that is best done like a week later haha

Hmm, yes I think that theory only works once the spot is dry wink

Maybe try white vinegar? When bi-carb and vinegar are mixed they fizz up so it may help break up and dissolve the hardened bi-carb and also help with the smell at the same time smile
ohh so the bicarb would dissolve with the vinegar and the whole spot might be gone?? I need to try that

Tutu&Lulu wrote:
ohh so the bicarb would dissolve with the vinegar and the whole spot might be gone?? I need to try that

Hopefully! Not making any promises but that's just what I'd do, seems like it would work...?
Could the vinegar take the colour out of the carpet??
I haven't tried yet but will be doing it very soon. I hope it doesn't take the colour out of the carpet. It's black. Can't be any worse then the big white spot living there forever lol

Howd you get on tutu? Ive heard people say the bicarb works and draws the moisture out etc, hadnt heard to leave it on overnight tho?! Apparently it works on coloured stains too but I no longer believe in it. Lol. DH knocked over one of those red vodka and raspberry premix type drinks once and the bicarb made the stain way worse. Lol. We ended up putting a rug ontop... :s Lol. Hope you have better luck tho!

Im going to stick to proper carpet cleaning products in future tho. Hahaha
I've left it on before. I also spray it with white vinegar like others have said. It fizzes and you can mop it up with a clean preferably white or old cloth/towel (something that the color won't run from).
The rest will lift eventually with vacuuming. Good luck!
Sign in to follow this topic