Huggies Forum

so confused with my life Rss

Only about 6 months ago my long term partner walked out on me for someone else. I was obviously hurt and heartbroken. I met someone else fast and we got serious fast as I guess I was rebounding. He's an amazing guy and everything I always wanted in a man. Unfortunately I was still getting over my ex and hurting so this was an a bit of an issue but he was very understanding. Now I have found out I am pregnant to him. He is very happy and so am I but I am still not over my ex. I am so confused now, I am lucky to have found a great guy but pregnancy so soon and then still getting over my ex and the pain he has caused is feeling very overwhelming. Anyone been through similar?
See a psychologist or counsellor. That's what they're there for. Start this journey of starting your little family with positivity and all the tools you need (mentally) to navigate the journey. Good luck, babies/children are awesome! Add a loving partner to that, even better.
See a psychologist or counsellor. That's what they're there for. Start this journey of starting your little family with positivity and all the tools you need (mentally) to navigate the journey. Good luck, babies/children are awesome! Add a loving partner to that, even better.
Thanks for your advice. I am happy about the baby its more the fact that I have this great guy but am busy thinking of my ex and still getting over him, not really fair on my new man is it. If not for the baby I would have broken things off and given myself more time to get over my ex, I won't have that opportunity now. I will look into seeing someone.
sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows.

don't be so hard on yourself. just go with the flow and see what happends.

The day i broke up with normal was the first day of my magical life...

*Mimsy wrote:
Hey karmy. Sounds like life has definitely thrown you a curve ball. I wholeheartedly agree with the recommendation that you speak with a professional. I don't know your work situation, but lots of work places in nz are a part of the Employees assistance programme which entitles you to 3 or 4 free sessions of counselling and it's all billed to your employer so you remain anonymous. The theory is that happy employees are productive employees so definitely worth investigating if your work has this programme.

All the best

I have personally used EAP and it was helpful, and easy to access. You don't need to tell your boss you're using it either. Good luck x

That's another thing, I also just quit my job before finding out I was pregnant. I had a great job with huge opportunities but since my ex left me I couldn't do the work as my mind was elsewhere. Adds to my confusion even more as now I don't know what I am going to so for a career.
Sign in to follow this topic