Huggies Forum

What do you prefer? Rss

What baby wash and shampoo do you use?
Johnson's, curash, Ghia etc?
I've always used Johnson's and never has a problem, but have been hearing not so great things about it!
Curious
I use Johnson's milk bath. I love the smell of it! For some reason I was obsessed with the smell when I was pregnant with DS. I kept using on myself! It was slightly weird... lol
I don't usually use anything, just water. If they're particularly dirty we have MooGoo. Wash their hair with Sukin. J+J only recently removed formaldehyde from their baby washes and shampoos. I wouldn't buy their products on principle.
DS1 is nearly 6 and gets very itchy dry skin if we use non-baby wash, I have found the Woolies brand paw paw wash quite good

Aka G&L smile

There is a brand that is not well known in Australia, and only place I've seen it available is either online or in bubs r us called Mustela. I love their products, in particular the newborn foam shampoo - it is so gentle on little newborns skin (and eyes if you get it in them!) and it smells so good. I actually want to eat my babies after they've had a bath in it!

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

Skubala wrote:
There is a brand that is not well known in Australia, and only place I've seen it available is either online or in bubs r us called Mustela. I love their products, in particular the newborn foam shampoo - it is so gentle on little newborns skin (and eyes if you get it in them!) and it smells so good. I actually want to eat my babies after they've had a bath in it!

+1 to that, love it. Didn't know where to buy it.

Mine are 7, 5 & 2 now though, so just water, QV wash if rashy.
We use Simunovich olive estate baby products.
DS has very sensitive skin and when he was younger I talked to the doctors and the pharmacy and they had only negative things to say about J and J because of all the chemicals which while I was pregnant I didn't know about and I bought heaps of J and J so we tested a few different products and olive estate ended up the best. 2nd was mustela smile

We are told to forgive and forget, but if we forget what we forgave then isn't forgiveness pointless?

I use some of the johnsons baby washes, I love the smell. I guess I'm fortunate my baby doesn't have any skin sensitivity issues.
I use Johnson's top to toe and the Johnson's shampoo smile have with both my kids and haven't had any issues

When my kids were babies and young kids they were washed with plain water and I used some gaia shampoo every few weeks in their hair. Babies really don't need to be washed with soap.

Now my kids are 3 and 5 they use a little squirt of qv wash in their shower at night, I would never use J&J on their skin just because they are full of horrible chemicals.

Forever, for always and no matter what

I use just water when they're newborn - sometimes with a bit of coconut oil in the water to moisturise. I now use Milk Baby products on my DD and she is 2.5yo.

www.facebook.com/LeReveWithSally

Just water unless they are incredibly dirty, otherwise Moogoo. I will wash their hair once in a blue moon with Moogoo as well, but only if they have cradle cap really, it is a pain getting that off with hair inches long sad I use extra virgin coconut oil as a moisturiser or nappy cream as necessary too. In general I think it is best to let their bodies maintain their natural equilibrium smile

Sign in to follow this topic