Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. OMFG!! I cannot believe people can be so rude!

OMFG!! I cannot believe people can be so rude! Rss

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/parenting/gree...
Yeah, I think parenthood might be a bit of an eye opener to them. Feel sorry for the poor kid though with parents like that.
Could you imagine being friends with these people?! Unbelievable gasp

I saw this on Sunrise the other day. I couldn't believe the greed of some people! Some people can't afford to buy what is on a registry. We didn't even have a registry for our wedding, let alone when we had a baby.
Very rude, but I also can't believe that people have present lists for baby showers!

Little Egg wrote:
Very rude, but I also can't believe that people have present lists for baby showers!

I read some of the comments and was surprised to see a few opinions that baby showers are tacky and just an opportunity at a present grab. I don't think of them like that and don't really consider the presents but just think a party/get-together is a lovely way to welcome a little newby amongst friends and family.
I also agree that baby showers are a lovely celebration, for the woman and new mum to be as well as her baby. I've always enjoyed going to showers and being a part of the fun and excitement for someone pregnant usually with their first baby. And I actually love buying them a gift - I enjoy it and purchase something happily.

I'm not sure this article thing is real?! Surely no one would respond to such a poetic request for different presents?
What a selfish b****

We had a baby shower to celebrate the pending arrival of DD. We clearly stated we did not expect a gift, but we did include a list of suggestions for anyone who wanted to get one. I think people enjoy getting a new baby something so I don't see baby showers as tacky or gift grabbing

When DS comes home we're planning to have a baby shower. I hadn't intended on doing one but most of my friends and family have said they would like to have one and that they would like to give gifts

Follow my blog "Bed Rest for Baby" at http://www.babysteps1804.wordpress.com

That can't be real surely?! I know some people are selfish, but really?

My_little_dazzler wrote:
Holy crap....

Knowing me if someone had sent that to me I would have replied with..

I enjoyed attending your shower
I do remember all those gifts, oh how they did tower
I don't care how long you sorted them
As I do know to a child, our present will be a gem
So I may just give those stores a pass
and if you like, shove this poem up your a** grin

laugh That's awesome Dazz

"Parenting is the easiest thing in the world to have an opinion about, but the hardest thing in the world to do."

This can't be real. I don't believe someone can be so selfish. It has to be a hoax.
Waywad-870 wrote:
This can't be real. I don't believe someone can be so selfish. It has to be a hoax.

+1

I have seen it a few times now and just refuse to believe peope could actually be so rude.

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Wow - Sometimes i really do ponder how people think the way they do and think that it's ok/appropriate :/
It is mind boggling.
Sign in to follow this topic