Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Domestic Violence - Neighbours Rss

I dont think you should testify or go over there at all.
If you didn't have kids I would say to testify but if they retaliate in anyway your kids are going to be there to see or hear.
If you go over there she could go off at you and be violent or she could decide to talk to you and befriend you. The latter is not as good as it sounds because next time he starts on her she might run to your house for help and he would follow and suddenly the whole fight is going on in your home in front of you and the kids.
I would just call the cops every time. It's horrible to let it happen but you need to put your own family first

Maybe a call to docs might be a good idea? Other then that is say stay the hell away from it she has obviously made the choice to stay and from what you have already said the help is already knocking on the door.

Also been known as purpleUnicorn,RainbowDragon, Charmander and RobotUnicorn.

On one side I was once that woman. ( No kids with me thank goodness) I wished someone would stand up for me because I knew If I did not stand up for him and he got out I would cop it worst. I understand you don't want to get involved but if this man is violent what is stopping him from bringing it into the street or doing it to another woman just because?

The other side is the fact that you do have a family and you need to do the right thing for them. If you feel he will be violent with your family over this then you need to do what ever needs to be done to make sure that is not going to happen. Even if that means calling the cops every time it happens and not testify.

If nothing else I would call DOCS. You need to be a voice for that child.

Shouldn't the police already know that there is a child in the house? Keyword shouldn't

Also been known as purpleUnicorn,RainbowDragon, Charmander and RobotUnicorn.

Nessiemum are you by chance in PAC pines ?
NessieMum wrote:
Shrimpy198i wrote:Nessiemum are you by chance in PAC pines ?why would you ask?

Because I was on the phone to a friend that lives in PAC pines and she was saying someone was fighting ! And kids where screaming , don't hit mum ! Then saw it come up on a Facebook group I follow crime watch now
NessieMum wrote:
Shrimpy198i wrote:NessieMum wrote:Shrimpy198i wrote:Nessiemum are you by chance in PAC pines ?why would you ask?Because I was on the phone to a friend that lives in PAC pines and she was saying someone was fighting ! And kids where screaming , don't hit mum ! Then saw it come up on a Facebook group I follow crime watch nowoh ok... I was thinking oh no don't tell me your the women. I saw it on crime watch too, but they had it all wrong on crime watch it was her taken away not him.

Omg that would have been creepy for you !!! Who is this ?? Why is she asking that lol no was not me ! I am a quite psyscho lmao wink hmm so was her hey interesting ? Crime watch do get things wrong a lot , a read the post I just don't pay a lot of heed to them tho
Yeah , she just moved there on weekend , Unfortunate for those poor kids ! sad
The biggest concern is that a child is present and neither parent are taking steps to protect her from being around it, so yes, I think you should definitely call docs. Yes the police have to mandatory report to docs if a child is present when domestic violence occurs. But two reports are better than one when it comes to them doing anything. The only problem i thought of was that you might not know her name...but sounds like if it's been publicised on fb then they will prob gather from the address.

Unless you could testify and have your identity withheld from the family then I wouldn't be comfortable doing it either.

How very sad for that child.
Sign in to follow this topic