Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

when do your kids eat dinner? Lock Rss

Just curious, what time do your kids eat dinner? Mine has dinner between 4.30 and 5pm. Then a bath and bit of play time after bath, then boob, then quieter play and bed. My SIL thinks I feed her too early and feeds her 11 m.o at 6.30pm-7ish but dd is already asleep by then!

dinner at 6pm then bath, story and off to bed around 7pm.

Everyone is different I don't think there's a right or wrong time. I never had an early dinner time cos of work, I was often lucky to get home before 6 let alone cook and eat. But now I'm on mat leave its earlier. Jackson is often starving after school so I tend to just make an early dinner about 5 - 5.30
I aim to have dinner on the table for all 5 of us for 5:30, 6pm at the latest. We're normally finished eating 30 min later then it's bath, teeth, story and bed for the kids so they're normally in bed sometime between 6:30 and 7pm, depending on when we start dinner.

Leisa.
We all have dinner at 6:30pm kids have a bath do their jobs ( wiping up clean under table, pick all toys up, pack school bags, help make school lunches) teeth, book bed at 7:30pm the latest.
5-5:30 cept for Wednesday when we get home at about 6 (left over night).

Also been known as purpleUnicorn,RainbowDragon, Charmander and RobotUnicorn.

We feed her at 5pm, shower, then quiet play and milk then books and bed 7.15-30pm
Tea at 5, bath, boob, stories, bed around 6.
I wouldn't have thought you were feeding her too early at all.
DS has always (from around 4 months) gone to bed at 6, and he is up at 6 and has his sippy cup of milk and then breakfast at 7.
I suppose it would depend on what time you SIL put her LO to bed and what time her day starts.
Is this the same SIL who has the supposedly perfect child the similar age to your LO?

Little Miss' wrote:
We all eat anytime between 5-6pm. Bed is 7-7:30pm. All just depends on how organized I am smile

Same here. We're generally 5.30pm but it can vary depending on my organisation.. (Or lack thereof smile)
Little Egg wrote:
DS has always (from around 4 months) gone to bed at 6, and he is up at 6 and has his sippy cup of milk and then breakfast at 7.
I suppose it would depend on what time you SIL put her LO to bed and what time her day starts.
Is this the same SIL who has the supposedly perfect child the similar age to your LO?

Lol yes and her kid is pretty perfect! But I was just curious because I know most kids go to bed early. My mum always says I put dd to bed too early too but she sleeps until 6-6.30am most mornings and thats perfect for me.

We eat at 5:00 and the kids go to bed at 6:30. They have a bath either before or after dinner, depending on how busy I am before. They both sleep til between 7:30-9:00. I love the days they sleep in tongue
steph19 wrote:
Little Egg wrote:
Lol yes and her kid is pretty perfect! But I was just curious because I know most kids go to bed early. My mum always says I put dd to bed too early too but she sleeps until 6-6.30am most mornings and thats perfect for me.

Oh I wish my kids were perfect! tongue
Sign in to follow this topic