Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

when do your kids eat dinner? Lock Rss

Lol 7.30-9!! That's pretty perfect Nay! That's an awesome sleep they have.

I joke that my niece is perfect, but seriously she's a great baby. Much better behaved than my little monkey! Just hope she is a good teenager haha

Yeah I'm pretty lucky! It's too early to tell with DS but even though I love DD to pieces, she most definitely it NOT one of the best behaved toddlers lol
Our dinner time is between 5:30 and 6.
Then it's play time for a bit and story time at 7 and then bed time is usually about 7.30 just depends on how long it takes us to read our book.
our boys eat when we eat. We eat about 6:-6:30. We normally serve theirs first. They don't like to eat without us now.

steph19 wrote:
Little Egg wrote:
Tea at 5, bath, boob, stories, bed around 6.
I wouldn't have thought you were feeding her too early at all.
DS has always (from around 4 months) gone to bed at 6, and he is up at 6 and has his sippy cup of milk and then breakfast at 7.
I suppose it would depend on what time you SIL put her LO to bed and what time her day starts.
Is this the same SIL who has the supposedly perfect child the similar age to your LO?
Lol yes and her kid is pretty perfect! But I was just curious because I know most kids go to bed early. My mum always says I put dd to bed too early too but she sleeps until 6-6.30am most mornings and thats perfect for me.

Yep sounds perfect smile it's what suits you. I love mornings and always get up 6, 6.30 so ds is perfect to me but I kniw it would be way to early for other mums smile

Little Egg wrote:

Yep sounds perfect smile it's what suits you. I love mornings and always get up 6, 6.30 so ds is perfect to me but I kniw it would be way to early for other mums smile

I hate mornings (soooo not a morning person!) lol. But it doesnt make a difference. My kids are early risers (normally between 5.30 and 6.30 (generally 6-6.30 but sometimes creeps earlier). Always have been. People would tell me to put them to bed later but it wouldnt help, they still woke the smae time no matter when they went to bed and were just grumpy for the day then as they were overtired. I dont think you can really change their natural wake up time unfortunately.

Anyway, It sounds way too early for dinner for me. Ive personally never really understood how people can eat dinner that early etc but thats just my personal opinion. We eat 6/6.30ish depending how organised I am. Kids bedtime is 7.30pm. (tho DS mucks around at the moment and often wont settle til 9/10! sad DD is good tho). I couldnt handle eating earlier. When I work nights we have dinner about 5.45/6.00 as I have to leave just after 6. But Im always starved by about 10/11 when I do that and end up having a 2nd dinner to get me through the rest of my night!
Sign in to follow this topic