Huggies Forum

How forgetful are you?? Rss

Oh no!!

I would say you were on 'auto pilot' being in the car park etc!!!!
Oh no, I agree with Mummsy, smile

I walked off chatting to a friend in a park and left DS2 behind once! I have a terrible memory, I always forget what people have told me - like they would have said that their kid was sick and I will totally forget and not ask how the kid is the next day etc. Brain overload or early onset dementia!?

Im super forgetful too. Plus my Mum left me at a shop once when i was like 10 she said she got halfway home and remembered she had taken me with her lol though she didnt tell me this till just recently, i had no idea just kept looking round the store smile
I just went out for dinner and didn't realise I hadn't paid until I got home! I tried to ring friend but she didn't answer so I rang the restaurant and they put me on the phone to my friend to sort it out (they hadn't left yet) lol so yes pretty forgetful!

In the first week of preschool I nearly forgot to pick up my ds and had to abandon my groceries in the middle of Coles and run to the car, I got there about 5-10 mins late! His teacher told me she'd had people not turn up for an hour the when she rang them still not click at first. I have an alarm set on my phone now because I'm horrified I'll forget him. I think it's because I'm used to childcare hours being longer
Lol. That's kinda funny! Don't feel bad tho, not the end of the world! wink

I used to work in one of those indoor playground things and we had a child (like real young, maybe 2) who was left behind. Still there (and no adults left) when we went to close up for the night! Ended up with the police there and she finally came back about 3 hours later... (How can you not realize your child's not there for over 3 hours?!)

When I was newborn my parents got in the car, drove up the driveway and onto the road then remembered I was asleep in my bassinette inside the house smile

Supermummy wrote:
Lol. That's kinda funny! Don't feel bad tho, not the end of the world! wink

I used to work in one of those indoor playground things and we had a child (like real young, maybe 2) who was left behind. Still there (and no adults left) when we went to close up for the night! Ended up with the police there and she finally came back about 3 hours later... (How can you not realize your child's not there for over 3 hours?!)

That's terrible!!

My friend and I went out for a quick coffee the other day and 5 mins after we had been there I realised her baby wasn't with us! She'd left her in the car accidentally! It wasn't hot and bubs was blissfully unaware of the situation but she felt terrible- i guess it can happen to the best of us mums
Sugar and spice, it's a good job you realized and it wasn't a hot day! You would feel so bad hey?!

A friend of the family was a guide leader and on a number of occassions has had to take kids home with her coz parents haven't shown up! One time she rung them and rung them and eventually got hold of the parents both of whom were out and under the impression the other had picked the child up! Lol.

And anirtak, yes it was. Felt sorry for the poor child!
I also forget sometimes important details and things to do and I blame the constant want-to-do-too-many-things at the same time. Even in my work I split my attention between several things and often this do not end up well. Regarding my baby there are still not big concerns due to my forgetfulness, but I do remember when I was a boy once I went to school and when I was half the way I realised I did not bring my papers and my bag. It was not a nice feeling grin
Sign in to follow this topic