Huggies Forum

Mirena Lock Rss

Anyone on tonight? Lets discuss the mirena? Although my Dr does not believe that is is the cause of my chronic thrush, I still want it removed. I have come across many articles suggesting the IUD's are responsible. Also I get ovarian cysts and since having the mirena they have gotten worse.
Anyone else have problems with the mirena?

Young people learn from experience. So who are we to try and stop them

Maybe bump it in the morning if the spam clears sad

Bumping past the 14 pages of spam!!
Bump

Thanks.

Young people learn from experience. So who are we to try and stop them

Alli-cat wrote:
Anyone on tonight? Lets discuss the mirena? Although my Dr does not believe that is is the cause of my chronic thrush, I still want it removed. I have come across many articles suggesting the IUD's are responsible. Also I get ovarian cysts and since having the mirena they have gotten worse.
Anyone else have problems with the mirena?

Hi alli cat there was a thread on mirenas a while back which i posted on and because my story was so long i just copied it over for you to read, and something i forgot on my post on the original thread is the thrush i never used to get it and during mirena i got it all the time, but im sad to say since having it removed it is no better i probably get it once a month i have a new doctor now and i was mentioning this to her and she spoke about hitting it hard something gynos do apparently so for 1 month i did it all prescribed. So every week i took the oral tablet for 4 weeks and i had 2 doses of the internal cream which i had to use every 2 weeks. This cleared it up for me for about 3 months it was nice to have a break . Any how heres my original post hope it helps, but i am pretty bias on the topic of mirenas

Buggie mama wrote:
I don't want to scare you but i had 2 terrible experiences and now I will never ever have one again.

It was suggested to me by gynae for extreme heavy painful periods and poss endo.
First one got put in and i had very very painful cramps after insertion which they said was all to be expected, them i started getting terrible pains that were worse when i moved, and i kept asking could these pains be the mirena and i was assured there was no possible way it could be and after months of being told no way it cant be has to be something else blah blah blah, pain was getting worse I asked for it to be removed and guess what it was mirena, it had started to fall out omg! I told her i didn't want another but she assured me that it must have been the insertion and it would happen again and let me tell you i wish i had listened to my instincts. At first it was great really helped with periods and cramps and i thought it was wonderful, then i started getting terrible terrible pain worse than last time and again i asked could it be the ,Mirena and they checked and said no its not coming out it must be a coincidence and there must be an underlying problem which they spent months and months investigating the pain got so bad i couldn't even go out in the car every bump on the road was as if a butcher had taken the biggest knife to my uterus and i was on morphine daily but after an X-ray and so sonogram that i had been asking for they found that it was the mirena but this time it wasn't falling out, but it was trying to escape up and it got embedded in my fundas and I had to go under to get it out and i was in terrible pain with it and for months after the removal. Can you believe they actually wanted to give me a 3rd one, i literally told them To get bucked!!! And i am still sure that it has done permanent damage as i still get terrible pains.

I am so sorry to be so negative, but anytime any one ask's me about them i always give them the honest truth and i would never recommend to anyone, i would never wish what i went through on anyone it was terrible and really mucked up my life, i had to leave my job, i was on heavy pain killers and ended up very depressed and its something that to this day i will never forget. So i continue to share my story in hopes that it doesn't happen to anyone else. smile

Good luck in making your decision, if you do decide to get one, just be aware of your body and if anything doesn't feel right speak up to anyone that will listen smile

Good luck alli cat hope this helps

We are told to forgive and forget, but if we forget what we forgave then isn't forgiveness pointless?

I had major problems with mirena- it definitely wasn't for me! First I had a bacterial infection after it was inserted but that was nothing compared to the side effects followed. Rapid weight gain (about 8kg in 4 months!) constant breakthrough bleeding, acne and greasy skin and the final straw for me was when my hair started balding around my temples! My dr wouldn't admit it was related a d kept encouraging me to give it more time but I knew my body was not loving it and demanded he take it out!
That's just my experience, I know lots of people who find it a fantastic form of birth control so I guess everyone is different smile
I was advised by my doctor to try the mirena, because it was so good - but it didn't work for me. As I have had ceasars before the cervix had to be stretched to insert it and that was very painful. Then I had constant bleeding for the four months that I trialled it - was not a pleasant experience at all. Was relieved to have it out and get back to normal!
I have just had a IUD put in 4 weeks ago. Still adjusting to it I think : s

In regards to your constant thrush - has your partner been treated? Its hard to tell if a man has thrush but if he does it could be that he keeps giving it back to every time you get better. Worth thinking about anyway.
Sign in to follow this topic