Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

What now? Rss

It's Noah's 7th birthday today. He has had a wonderful day and got some wonderful gift that he love. All gifts are what you would expect for a 7 year old boy. All are suitable for him except one. My mother brought him skylanders swapforce. It's what he has been asking for and he has wanted it for quite some time. I am glad my mum has taken the time out to listen to what he is into. The only problem is we don't have a wiiu for him to play it on. He can't return the item because he opened it when he went out for afternoon tea with her and even if he could we could not swap it for another gaming system because we have a wii. It's an older system and they don't make the game for it.

So now what do I do? DH wants to buy a wiiu because he wanted one anyway and this is the perfect excuse. I don't want to buy one because we already have a wii that DH just brought 3 weeks ago. He also has a casual job and some fortnights we don't have much money coming in. I also don't believe in buying anything like that unless it's a birthday or Christmas gift.
I could say it's a birthday gift for DH in July. At the same time I feel bad my son cannot play his game.
Raspberry Sundae wrote:
If you can't afford it don't buy it is the simple answer.

You could keep the game for when you can afford it or sell it on a trader site and tell you son he can spent the money on something he can use. I wouldn't put any restrictions on what he can get because he will already be a bit disappointed.

You can always resell the WII so that money isn't wasted and put that money towards the WIIU.

Happy birthday wishes to Noah. smile

+1

My thoughts exactly!
*mummsy* wrote:
Raspberry Sundae wrote:
If you can't afford it don't buy it is the simple answer.

You could keep the game for when you can afford it or sell it on a trader site and tell you son he can spent the money on something he can use. I wouldn't put any restrictions on what he can get because he will already be a bit disappointed.

You can always resell the WII so that money isn't wasted and put that money towards the WIIU.

Happy birthday wishes to Noah. smile
+1

My thoughts exactly!

+2

glad he had a lovely birthday - did you end up making cupcakes?

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Sign in to follow this topic