Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Limits Rss

As a person embarking upon parenthood, you have to realize your limits. Many of us do not know our limits til we accidentally go past them.
For me, my limit was two children. I over reached and had three. Now i constantly envision a gun in my mouth.
One child is wonderful. Parenthood is so beautiful.
Second child, It's good. So manageable. So easy.
Three kids. Crying becomes second nature. You don't recognize yourself anymore.
Time ticks till you break..........
After you break you wait for it all to get better, which realistically wouldn't be til years away anyway.

I would not wish being a stay at home mum on anyone. You think, the freedom is so wonderful...But it starts to get tasteless. You stop appreciating what you have. Because it is ALWAYS there, always in your face, constantly, every minute and second, it never goes away....
You want to run, keep running. But you can't. You'd miss them too much, but, when you are with them......
And then the gun again...
Christ.
sad I'm not great with expressing with words but GBH Skip xx

Oh hun, I know you can get through this. You are a one of a kind and I know there is a strength inside you that not everyone has. Dig deep for it because you know it's there. You know we are always here to talk and I'd be more than happy to PM if you would like to xx
Oh skip! I was worried about you yesterday but now I'm even more concerned! sad sorry to hear you're feeling like this.

I'm not sure there's anything much we can say to help here but I have been thinking about you and worrying about you. Does your hubby know how you're feeling?! And have you spoken to a professional?! Is it possible you're experiencing postnatal depression?! The drs can help with this!

Is it possible for your hubby to give you a break, to have an hour a day time out. Or an evening off here and there?! Or what about you working and him being the stay at home if you're not keen on childcare?!

There's nothing wrong with finding being a parent hard but if you're envisioning guns etc then there's something more there and I think you need a bit of help to get it sorted! sad

Keep in touch skip and pm me if you need! Happy to give you my email/mobile number if that would help. And here to chat if you need! Wish I were closer and could give you a helping hand too Hun! Thinking of you!
Yesterday was terrible - I finally cracked. I knew it was coming. Have felt it building for almost 2 years.
Yesterday, we drove the 2 hours to the city. We needed to do our Winter shopping. We went into the huge shopping center. We went to ONE shop, Kmart, spent 25min in there, and by the time we finished in there we walked back out to our car and drove the two hours back home. I couldn't do it. I couldn't stand the children and their crying and tantrums. Their naughtiness. Their constant noise. Shopping is not a relaxing experience. It is Hell. I'd love to go shopping and be able to shop, not rush through with a tight chest.
I cried the whole way home. We were home by 2pm, and i went to bed and i didn't get up again til this morning.
Today i can't tolerate.....

I tried to see someone to talk, the Doctor rang her but she never rang me back. I don't need to talk to an unprofessional. Talking to someone isn't going to make this stop. I just have to make it through the next few years. I CAN do it, just hard as shit. And somedays are a come to Huggies and sook days.
Supermummy wrote:

Does your hubby know how you're feeling?! And have you spoken to a professional?! Is it possible you're experiencing postnatal depression?! The drs can help with this!

Is it possible for your hubby to give you a break, to have an hour a day time out. Or an evening off here and there?! Or what about you working and him being the stay at home if you're not keen on childcare?!

Husband knows. He's.......him. I have been going out when i get a chance on his good shifts. But that's in the evenings. Not going to make a difference going out when the kids are in bed, i still have them all day anyway.
I want to get some time, and go back to work. But finding a job, so many people are trying to do it here, there's not much available.
Could be experiencing PND, never ruled it out.
Have a phobia of medications and plus my hearts a bit funny so don't really want to start taking any. Doctor prescribed me Zoloft last year.
I am hopefully starting a course this semester. But, how do they expect us to do a course and spend so much money on it when they've given us NO information on days or times? I am a mother of 3 i need to know days and times to sort out care etc. Term starts this week coming......And we have heard NOTHING about this course. I had hoped they'd let us know in the Holidays.to prepare and shit.
Aw skip sad definitely get help. Keep going till you get it please sad

It is hard and some days I feel exactly how you described. Shopping is a nightmare and so are many things that used to be enjoyable! But the feeling of despair has completely taken over you and there are definitely ways to fix that and you will see the whole situation differently and you can actually enjoy this.time of your life xx

Something that has helped me (I asked for medication but couldn't go on cos I'm pregnant) I joined a gym with a creche- is this something you could do? Then you don't have to.rely on the husband to offer smile

Massive hugs xx

Also I've started seeing a psychologist again- amazing how they can help. Can you find one in your area?

Big big hugs Skip.

The other ladies have said so much that is helpful. You shouldn't have to feel like crap all the time. Yes it is relentless and hard work. shopping with 3 children is definately NOT not on my list of fun things to do. wink
But most importantly you deserve that chance to feel happy too.

Come on here anytime please do. Vent away

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

Can't eat anything, they want it. Can't drink anything, they want it.
I stand up all day long, my varicose veins hurt, can't sit down because they jump all over me.
Christ!
Rosie Mumma wrote:
TallulahBelle wrote:
Also I've started seeing a psychologist again- amazing how they can help. Can you find one in your area?

Me too, mine is free and didn't need a referral.

I think everyone would benefit from seeing one atleast once in their life grin mine is free too but I did get a referral, not sure if I had to though?!

I feel so sad knowing you feel like this...I don't have any advice...But some of the other ladies have come up with some good solutions. I hope something will help.

I'll be thinking of you and hoping things improve soon.

xx
Sign in to follow this topic