Huggies Forum

Had enough of Lock Rss

they calls you get at lunch time & dinner time.

Got one today at lunch time & she says is this such & such & i said no and don't call again.

Sometimes the number is private or says it a local number or overseas.

I can never understand them just hope i haven't hung up on something important.

We done the don't call thing but still getting these calls.

Ugh yes, I have the same problem blessings. Have put our number on the do not call register- shouldn't have bothered they still call. Yep, they have a job I get that and never be rude to them but gosh it's so annoying getting those calls! Always at lunchtime and dinner time!!
We done the don't call.

I've being nice to them at the start. I gotten to the point to saying please don't ring this number again. We had a guy ring up & i said don't ring this number again & thanks for taking me away from my kids (who i was in the middle of putting to sleep at the time) & i just walk into little man room & the phone rang again. Same number i said didn't i just tell you not to ring this number & hung up.

*misskel* wrote:
Ugh yes, I have the same problem blessings. Have put our number on the do not call register- shouldn't have bothered they still call. Yep, they have a job I get that and never be rude to them but gosh it's so annoying getting those calls! Always at lunchtime and dinner time!!

+1

I say "We are on a don't call register and you shouldn't be calling us" They hang up very quickly!
If they are a genuine charity they have to remove you from the mailing/phone list at your request. But who knows if they are genuine half the time or where they're getting the numbers from

I don't have a house phone so eliminates the problem
Little Rascals wrote:
If they are a genuine charity they have to remove you from the mailing/phone list at your request. But who knows if they are genuine half the time or where they're getting the numbers from

Charities are exempt from the "do not call" register, it's just sales calls that it applies to.
OP, perhaps you could use a message bank or answering machine to screen your calls if it's becoming a problem at mealtimes or you're busy with the kids?
~Ruby~Gloom~ wrote:
Little Rascals wrote:

Charities are exempt from the "do not call" register, it's just sales calls that it applies to.
OP, perhaps you could use a message bank or answering machine to screen your calls if it's becoming a problem at mealtimes or you're busy with the kids?

I wasn't meaning the do not call register, I was just referring to if you end up on the list of a charity they will remove you if you kindly request it (or not so kindly). I guess it depends if they're randomly selecting numbers or actually have your details recorded from a previous donation etc

Can you make your number silent? I wonder if that would help at all
Hubby told me to let the answering machine get it. Which i've done a few times.
I said to a few of the overseas one to take our number off the list. But i find the number has changed.

They ring between 11:30 to 1:00 p.m than it 6:00 to 7:30 here. Never had these calls in qld.

This sort of thing is why we ditched our house phone altogether in favour of our mobiles. Only time I get a call now is if its from optus making sure I'm happy with their service.
Little Rascals wrote:
Can you make your number silent? I wonder if that would help at all

Silent numbers don't stop them from calling - we have a silent number because of DH's job and still get them.

Blessings one reason you may be getting them so much now is because of the move. Phone numbers tend to be 'recycled' so the people who used to have your new number may have been signed up to the charities etc/put their info down on data bases and now their info is being used but reaching you (which can be why they call asking for someone who doesn't live at your house). I had this discussion with a telemarketer after we moved about being on the do not call register etc and they said 'but you've put your details down for getting these calls. I pointed out that they were asking for someone who didn't live here and they said it was probably because our number was recycled then and took our details off the call list ... at least they said they did lol. Definitely a pain in the butt but if you've got the capacity to screen calls through the answering machine/caller id I would, especially at the times you know they tend to call.

Leisa.
That's one of the main reasons we got rid of our landline about 6 years ago..was sick of all the calls.

3Tinks wrote:
That's one of the main reasons we got rid of our landline about 6 years ago..was sick of all the calls.

I would get rid of it but hubby says we need it for the business.

We got caller id but since we new here, i'm still getting use to it all. Plus with the answering machine they just ring back.

Sign in to follow this topic