Huggies Forum

makeup in hospital Lock Rss

Is it just me, or is anyone else kind of planning what makeup they (probably in vain, lol pun) are going to put on before setting off to the delivery room and hospital?
I'm just thinking minimal, like a natural lipstain, bit of concealer, etc ...
No, apart from the fact you aren't allowed to wear make up in theatre (I had c sections) I cant say I've ever understood why anyone would care what they look like at that moment.
Tickled*pink wrote:
No, apart from the fact you aren't allowed to wear make up in theatre (I had c sections) I cant say I've ever understood why anyone would care what they look like at that moment.

I don't think any of my babies would care if i was wearing makeup when they saw me for the first time.

Makeup should be the last thing on your mind.

For c-sections your not even aloud to wear nail polish, so make up isn't aloud either

No sorry. I had a planned C-section with my first and it never crossed my mind. With the twins I went into labour at 4am the last thing I would have thought of would have been make up. I didn't even take any to hospital. Just a lip balm as the air con can dry your lips when you are in it 24 hours a day.

Aw what, I always have a bit of foundation and mascara. Im in for a c section. I thought there was a no jewellery policy, not make up too

Kimchan-0 wrote:
Aw what, I always have a bit of foundation and mascara. Im in for a c section. I thought there was a no jewellery policy, not make up too

You have to be jewelery & make up free.

You have to be clean, they do make you have a shower before you go to the hospital or at the hospital.

Il be interested to see if they make me. When I had emergency c section last time they didnt make me scrub down. I know getting tonsils out 2 years ago I wasnt made to wash my face or have a shower.

Kimchan-0 wrote:
Il be interested to see if they make me. When I had emergency c section last time they didnt make me scrub down. I know getting tonsils out 2 years ago I wasnt made to wash my face or have a shower.
first idthey d

You would find with your first they didn't have the time. With your second they make you go make up free & have a shower

Looks like I might have to learn not to wear make up lol

When you're in labour the last thing you think about is make up. You're not there to look pretty, you're there to have a baby! smile
Didnt even think about it, cant see why you would need it unless you doing a photo shoot in there or something

Nope, your not alone - I've considered it. Why not if it makes you feel a bit better about yourself at the time?

If you're thinking about wearing make up because you want to look pretty for others I wouldn't bother, though. You get pretty messy giving birth smile
Sign in to follow this topic