Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. How comfortable are you with leaving your baby/kids?

How comfortable are you with leaving your baby/kids? Rss

How comfortable is everyone with leaving your bubs/kids with onsite childcare staff when you're at an appointment or at the gym?

I haven't had to face this yet, but am a little nervous thinking about it..... Even if it's just for an hour and they're close by.
Nope. I'm specific about who I leave my whole existence with.
I never did understand people that use hotel babysitting etc.
If I cannot find my Husband/Mother/Sister or get a spot at my Daycare that I use I just don't leave my children.
Ohhhh..I think that one is a case by case thing. Crèche at a gym, probably. Hotel staff babysitting, no. I am looking at putting mini and spud into occasional care soon, but the only reason that is happening is because it is at the preschool mini will be attending next year, and mini is a little chatter box and will tell me every single thing that happens there lmao. I wouldn't put spud in there without her. He's too little.

I really want to volunteer at froggys school and occasional care for the younger two is probably the only way I will be able to.

I will always ask my mum or nan to babysit before even considering other options, so far I've been lucky.
We wouldn't leave our kids with a hotel babysitting service...Our kids have only been left with grandparents or close friends. But I guess I know some other parents consider us overprotective. DD is 5 and we haven't let her have a sleep over or a play at certain friends houses.
I have never done it coz it usually cost and I'm stingy. So either take the kids or wait for DH or grandparents to be free.
But if I did I wouldn't have a problem using a mall creche. There would probably be more then one carer and people coming and going. A hotel babysitting service is a bit different coz I imagine that's a one on one service so harder to trust and my kids might get upset etc.
I would never leave my kids at a daycare or with a stranger babysitter why cause i don't trust anyone with my little blessings.

I have left them with a good friend of ours. We had a date night before we had little miss & our good friend come over while the boys slept & he said they were perfect & stayed asleep while we were gone.

My mum is the only one i trust 100% to look after my kids.

Plus hubby reckons it's a waste of money, he said if 1 of us can't look after the kids we just don't go out.

I think daycare is different as you can get to know the carers and I am fine with family or close friends having ds1. I wouldn't leave ds2 with anyone yet but in a few weeks I will be ok with MIL having him for a short time if I want a break or have something on. But no one else til he's a bit older.
But for ds1 yes I would use a gym crèche as it's only an hour limit usually and we would be in the same building. They usually ask you to fill in a form stating where in the gym you will be so they can come and find you if necessary. Hotel babysitting, no don't think so, unless my kids were older and barely needed a babysitter at all.

Ds is my only child (for another month) and is 18 months old. I am happy leaving him with some family and a couple of friends, but that's it. I just don't feel comfortable. For instance my FIL offered to come up and look after ds for a couple of days when we have the new baby, as we may have to be in hospital, but he kind of creeps me out a bit and I can't hand on heart say I completely trust him, so if we need to leave ds with some one overnight we are going to drive hour and half to his aunties house, where we know he will be safely cared for smile

I wouldn't leave my kids with a hotel babysitting service or gym crèche as I feel that my kids wouldn't be getting enough attention (particularly the younger ones). However I have had the neighbours watch them quite a few times in emergency situations or even date night. I really prefer family watching them over strangers at a gym though, it just doesn't sit right with me.
I find it interesting how many of you are so opposed to hotel babysitters. Are you meaning like ones where the hotel has a list and you can ring someone to come to your room and babysit or are you meaning like kids clubs?! Coz I have had my dd go to kids clubs etc before and never thought much of it tbh.

I don't use the gym tho so haven't had to face that. I generally have family babysit but otherwise I have used staff from dds daycare or family friends of my parents (or their children) from church. Think that's it.
Supermummy wrote:
I find it interesting how many of you are so opposed to hotel babysitters. Are you meaning like ones where the hotel has a list and you can ring someone to come to your room and babysit or are you meaning like kids clubs?! Coz I have had my dd go to kids clubs etc before and never thought much of it tbh.

I don't use the gym tho so haven't had to face that. I generally have family babysit but otherwise I have used staff from dds daycare or family friends of my parents (or their children) from church. Think that's it.

I mean where you put the kids to bed, a staff member watches them while they sleep and you go out. I think i would be inclined to let them go to a kids club, not sure though.
My biggest concern when getting my children looked after is that my children are comfortable with the person they are left with. I have a lot of close friends I would trust but a few of them I know my kids wouldn't feel comfortable so its a no. So wouldn't use a hotel babysitter or crèche as I know my kids wouldn't like that either. In saying that they do get baby sat once a week by my mum and once week by my mil while I go to uni (and the occasional night out). I trust them and the kids adore them. I would much rather that then leave them in a child care centre...(just my personal opinion) smile
Sign in to follow this topic