Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.

Snacks and Lunches Lock Rss

So was wondering what is your little ones (or not so little ones) favourite snack or lunch!
My kids are good when it comes to trying new things but i don't have any news recipes and they are getting bored of what we are having.

TIA for any help smile

My little ones love mini pizzas on english muffins or pita bread for lunch. Bit unoriginal but I'm a bit boring for lunch so they think its amazing smile
Yeah so am ii just make the usual stuff and a few seasonal options too but I think it is me who gets bored they seem to love anything

Lol. I hate coming up with meal ideas.

Ds LOVES pizza. He went through a stage of only wanting cream cheese on toast. Oh. And recently he has had carrot sticks and dip.

Can't think of anything else tho sorry.
Hahaha I am the same its hard enough finding something that everyone will eat let alone finding many of them! Thanks ladies smile

I struggle with this too. Lately mine have been liking
popcorn
home made trail mix (dried fruit, cashews, mini pretzels)
cheese and crackers, sometimes with carrot sticks
pikelets
oat cookies (taste similar to anzacs, super easy) http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/335/quick-oat-b...

Mr J (April 2005) Miss Z (Feb 2007) and Miss O (Oct 2010)

My little guy loves my homemade trail mix (pepitas, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, dried apricot and sultanas) but we don't have it every day, lest he get sick of it. To mix it up we have yoghurt topped with homemade toasted muesli. There's also bananas, apples and mandarins which are always a favourite.
For something more substantial I make baked bean mini muffins but my husband and I end up eating them too. They freeze well which is always a bonus.
A light pasta (not with meat!), zucchini fritters (also good with corn), boiled egg, cheese-tomato-cucumber salad (all three ingredients diced in small cubes and tossed with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt!), toasted sandwich, savoury muffin (I do my own, really easy with half wholemeal and half all-purpose flour, with zucchini and cheese, pumpkin and cinnamon or carrot and sultanas) which are also great to freeze!
Hope this helps!!
My boys love their sandwiches! Boring but easy, ds1 actuall complains when he doesn't have a sandwich for lunch! Also cheese and bacon rolls, popcorn, dried crackers and fruit, yoghurt icy poles (when the weather is not so cold) I also put my own yoghurt and homemade yogo into sinchies pouches which they love.

BelaBluebell wrote:
My little guy loves my homemade trail mix (pepitas, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, dried apricot and sultanas) but we don't have it every day, lest he get sick of it. To mix it up we have yoghurt topped with homemade toasted muesli. There's also bananas, apples and mandarins which are always a favourite.
For something more substantial I make baked bean mini muffins but my husband and I end up eating them too. They freeze well which is always a bonus.

What are baked bean muffins??? DS LOVES baked beans!!!

jazool wrote:
I struggle with this too. Lately mine have been liking
popcorn
home made trail mix (dried fruit, cashews, mini pretzels)
cheese and crackers, sometimes with carrot sticks
pikelets
oat cookies (taste similar to anzacs, super easy) http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/335/quick-oat-b...

yeah my kids are huge lovers of popcorn and pikelets too!!!

Valentina_Vv82 wrote:
A light pasta (not with meat!), zucchini fritters (also good with corn), boiled egg, cheese-tomato-cucumber salad (all three ingredients diced in small cubes and tossed with a little olive oil and a pinch of salt!), toasted sandwich, savoury muffin (I do my own, really easy with half wholemeal and half all-purpose flour, with zucchini and cheese, pumpkin and cinnamon or carrot and sultanas) which are also great to freeze!
Hope this helps!!

Yeah my kids are not fans of egg :\ makes it so hard with things like slices that are egg based and such!! We also make savory muffins too they are always winners here smile and good veggies hiders!

doublewammy wrote:
My boys love their sandwiches! Boring but easy, ds1 actuall complains when he doesn't have a sandwich for lunch! Also cheese and bacon rolls, popcorn, dried crackers and fruit, yoghurt icy poles (when the weather is not so cold) I also put my own yoghurt and homemade yogo into sinchies pouches which they love.

Yeah my kids are the same, ask them what they want and they say sandwiches! LOL always easy but i would love it if they ate different things! Yes yoghurt icy poles are the best ever!!!!

Hi I'm Lilly. I don't have kids for now but as I can see with my nieces and nephews they love home-made hamburgers and sandwiches. My sister always prepares their snacks at home and I think it's cute and healthy as well.

-------------
I am one of the content curators at Madfun and other kids websites. Aside from writing, I also spend most of my time with my young family. I also love to paint, cook and organise kiddy parties.

http://www.madfun.com.au
My nieces love bananas, boiled eggs for lunch and sandwiches.

I'm not yet ready to give food to my lo she's 5 months old.

smile

Sign in to follow this topic