Huggies Forum

Book week Rss

Just curious what are your kids going dressed as? DD1 is going as Snow White and DD2 is going as Queen Elsa. Not sure it's a book but she is soooo obsessed with Frozen.. I on the other hand have had enough of it.

Book week for us is next term. It would normally be now with education week but we have a school musical and fete to get over before book week.

The twins have already decided that one is going as a doctor and the other a fire man. Not sure why but now I have to find a book. Should not be too hard. DD keeps on changing her mind and I'm sure will keep on changing her mind before the day.

The kids love book day, me on the other hand.........The school goes all out and the staff always pick a story and all the teachers dress up and they act out parts of the story thru the day. Parents are invited at lunch time and then they have a massive parade in the arvo and the teachers finish the story. It's not a bad day but just very busy.

Enjoy. I'm sure if you went to the $2 you would be able to find a cheap frozen book.

Big W sell frozen books, DD1 picked up several copies last week for birthday presents for her friends smile. The book came out after the movie but it is still a book. "Frozen" is also loosely based on the fairy tale "The Snow Queen" so that's another way around it too smile

DD1 has decided that she's going to go as 'Little Red Riding Hood' since she already has that costume and wanted to save me time since things have been a bit hectic here. DD2 has a winnie the pooh or a tigger suit that I'll use for her and thinking I might just print out a wolf mask for DS or he can wear jeans and a check shirt with a cardboard 'axe' and either be the wolf or the woodsman from 'Little Red Riding Hood'. The parade is first thing in the morning and last year DS wanted to dress up like DD1 so getting prepared in case he wants to dress up this year too tongue

Leisa.
Thanks ladies I'll check out big w then smile. Unfortunately probably only half the students at the School tend to dress up for these things but my kids have always loved dressing up so they are both excited... I think it's just an assembly where the kids get to show off their costumes and that's all that really happens on the day.

ds3's school is not having a parade this year (yay).They are watching some sort of play instead.I will not miss any of these things next year when he goes to high school too.

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

DD is going as Rapunzel smile

Easy one!
*mummsy* wrote:
DD is going as Rapunzel smile

Easy one!

I was glad DD1 chose Snow White as we already have the costume at home smile

vkw wrote:
ds3's school is not having a parade this year (yay).They are watching some sort of play instead.I will not miss any of these things next year when he goes to high school too.

Watching a play is a good idea..

I know! I too was glad it's something we already have! I'm thinking I'll just be putting leggings and long sleeved top underneath to keep her warm!

I'm glad your little girl picked an easy one too! smile

DS when he hits school is probably not going to be quite as easy...
*mummsy* wrote:
I know! I too was glad it's something we already have! I'm thinking I'll just be putting leggings and long sleeved top underneath to keep her warm!

I'm glad your little girl picked an easy one too! smile

DS when he hits school is probably not going to be quite as easy...

Oh good idea about the leggings and long sleeve top, think ill do the same.

Sign in to follow this topic