Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

Food during pregnancy Rss

Hello ladies,

I've just made a quick list and was wondering what foods on the list would you eat during pregnancy:

Sushi - Chicken not raw fish
Deep fried food
McDonalds soft serve
Flake (Shark as in fish)
Peanuts - Cashews mixed nuts etc
Cheese's

I am not one to worry about what I eat whilst pregnant but thought it would be interesting to see what others thought

I ate everything during my last pregnancy but never touched seafood (prawns, shellfish etc).

I ate subway, stuff from the little cafés in shopping centres etc! My midwife never had any warnings for me other than drinking and smoking and I don't do either! Although she did say a wine here and there won't hurt which I thought was odd
McDonald yes, no to soft serve though
sushi, yes if it was made fresh and not from place where its been sitting on display
No to subway, but i did have pita pit the other day as seems fresher then subway
no to soft cheese
no to deli meat from supermarket
no seafood

my midwife did say a big no no to the deli section at supermarket

I would only eat the nuts and cheese off that list.
Id eat the sushi, nuts and cheeses off that list. The sushi - only if the store has a high turnover and I know it hasn't been sitting there, the nuts - if I open the packet or atleast know where they have been and the cheese - hard cheese whenever, soft cheese only if I open it, it's been refrigerated the entire time and it wasn't bought from the market. My Dr told me not to go too crazy with food restrictions and that most of them are old wives tales!

Sewing my way through pregnancy - www.buttonsandbooties.blogspot.com.au

Phebs86 wrote:
Id eat the sushi, nuts and cheeses off that list. The sushi - only if the store has a high turnover and I know it hasn't been sitting there, the nuts - if I open the packet or atleast know where they have been and the cheese - hard cheese whenever, soft cheese only if I open it, it's been refrigerated the entire time and it wasn't bought from the market. My Dr told me not to go too crazy with food restrictions and that most of them are old wives tales!

Yes I agree, some people go way overboard with the food list on what and what not to eat but I have found these to be the most people don't touch.

Sushi - Chicken not raw fish - no
Deep fried food - yes
McDonalds soft serve - no
Flake (Shark as in fish) - never heard of it? Fish yes.
Peanuts - Cashews mixed nuts etc - yes
Cheese's - yes

I followed a common sense thing when pregnant. Tried to eat healthy but had fast food now and again. I still ate soft cheeses from time to time if it was fresh, seemed to be no validity to the allergy and nuts theory so disregarded it and snacked on raw nuts. didn't eat sushi because I don't make it and there were only chain sushi stores near me which I don't trust when not pregnant. don't like soft serve ice cream.

I ate whatever I wanted except soft serve and sushi.
And the odd glass of wine or beer is fine, there has been plenty of studies about it, its just easier to say no thanks thank work out what "the odd glass" means. I got married at 32 weeks and had a couple of beers

Tarajs01 wrote:
I ate whatever I wanted except soft serve and sushi.
And the odd glass of wine or beer is fine, there has been plenty of studies about it, its just easier to say no thanks thank work out what "the odd glass" means. I got married at 32 weeks and had a couple of beers

Actually it's not fine. When I was preg with ds1+2 (over 9 yrs ago) the advice was only for 1-2 standard drinks a couple of times per week. It is now and has been for some time that there is no known safe level of alcohol while pregnant and it's best to avoid it completely.
Sushi - I make my own usually.
Deep fried food - why can't you eat this in pregnancy?
McDonalds soft serve - don't eat it anyway
Flake (Shark as in fish) - don't eat it anyway
Peanuts - Cashews mixed nuts etc - I eat a lot of nuts. I eat them whole, in cakes and use nut butters and I ate just as many through all 3 pregnancies.
Cheese's - yes and I make my own cheese too.
I think the deep fried food is just from a health/weight gain during pregnancy pov OC.
lol I didn't realise they had decided to branch off into general unhealthy foods. That must be a long list then!
Sign in to follow this topic