Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Does anyone have a recipe for blueberry scones?

Does anyone have a recipe for blueberry scones? Rss

Similar to the ones bakers delight make? I've been wanting some of these for a while now, but want to try make my own...

Shall I just make a basic scone mixture and put through some semi blitzed blueberries and white choc chips?

smile
Yummmmm! I don't have a recipe for you but yum! I never thought of blueberry scones before lol I've been craving blueberry muffins lately, might have to get baking grin

Let me know how the scones go when you give them a go x

Haha! Thanks Tallulah!

I thought of you the other day and was wondering on how you and your pregnant self was travelling smile
Use a buttermilk scone recipe: as follows: you could add 1.5 teaspoons of ground cinnamon with the flour in step 2, blueberries at the end of step 2 and 2 teaspoons vanilla essence with the buttermilk in Step 3.

3 1/2 cups self-raising flour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
60g butter, chopped
1 1/2 cups buttermilk

Plus 1.5 tablespoons ground cinnamon, blueberries and 2 teaspoons vanilla essence (for blueberry scones)

Step 1
Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Grease and flour the pan.
Step 2
Place flour (and ground cinnamon), sugar and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Add butter. Using fingertips, rub butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs (add blueberries).
Step 3
Make a well in the centre. Add buttermilk (and vanilla essence). Using a flat-bladed knife, stir until dough almost comes together. Place on a lightly floured surface.
Step 4
Knead gently until dough comes together. Press out to a 3cm-thick round. Dip a 5cm round cutter into flour to prevent dough sticking. Cut out scones. Gently press leftover dough pieces together and repeat.
Step 5
Place scones, touching, in prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until light golden and hollow when tapped on top.

The white choc chips sound Delish, add when adding the blueberries?

Thank you so much mamma smurf! I will try these in the next week and let you know how they turn out!!! smile
Sign in to follow this topic