Huggies Forum

The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. I really haven't dropped off the face of the planet lol

I really haven't dropped off the face of the planet lol Lock Rss

thought I'd pop in and say hi if anyone is around still who I know.
I have been busy with life in general, applying for lots of jobs but so far no luck.
I am now a mum of 3 high schoolers and its great - they leave around 7.15 am and home around 3.40 or so smile

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

Hi,

Wow!!!! Three high schoolers. That must be a little scary.

Please to hear that you are well. Good luck with the job hunting. It can be hard to find what you want out there.

My three are at school now. DD gone into year 4 this year and the twins are in year 1. I have been doing some casual work. Back in the field that I was in before the kids. So that has been nice. Would be better to get something more permanent closer to home but it is hard to find something that works with the kids and school hours. This casual work does and they understand that my kids come first. So that's good.

Great to hear from you. Once again good luck with the job hunting.


yes a bit scary but a relief too!I have an interview tomorrow at a new masters store , see what happens.I am getting used to getting unsuccessful emails angry .Decided to apply for a job every week.I emailed an application this morning and have the interview tomorrow so will just keep trying

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

vkw wrote:
yes a bit scary but a relief too!I have an interview tomorrow at a new masters store , see what happens.I am getting used to getting unsuccessful emails angry .Decided to apply for a job every week.I emailed an application this morning and have the interview tomorrow so will just keep trying


Good luck. Lots of Masters popping up now. I'm sure the right thing will come along. As I said it just takes time.

Let us know how you get on. Good luck.


Hey stranger!

I don't post much on here anymore, but have a sticky beak every now and then!
It's pretty quite these days!

Wow! They're all in high school now!?

DD1 just started year 3, DS1 just started year 2, DD2 is in her second year of ELC and I could start DS2 at the end of the month when he turns three but have decided to leave it for now as although he would survive, I don't think he's really ready. Plus due to price changes there aren't many three year olds there anymore because instead of it being $35/day for everyone, it's now $65 for 3 yr olds, $35 for 4/5 yr olds and there's now a concession for those on a Healthcare card of $16/day regardless of age. (All with little or no gov. rebate so most 3yr olds go to daycare.) So I will see how things go and maybe start him mid year if there's a position available or just leave it until next year, which I'm leaning towards as that way he would make his own friends instead of following DD2. Otherwise I could send him on different days to her, but we'll see as he still has two years after this year before he goes to school.

Hope you're all well!



Hi Boofarama,I joined the dark side aka facebook and am there more catching up with school/uni friends.Do you still have the same email address?
I had the masters interview this morning and this afternoon had an email saying congratulations for making it to the next stage of your application with us.So I am getting a bit excited!It was a bit quicker than I expected as they said everyone will know by the end of next week.gotta go...

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

thx
boofarama wrote:
Hey stranger!

I don't post much on here anymore, but have a sticky beak every now and then!
It's pretty quite these days!

Wow! They're all in high school now!?

DD1 just started year 3, DS1 just started year 2, DD2 is in her second year of ELC and I could start DS2 at the end of the month when he turns three but have decided to leave it for now as although he would survive, I don't think he's really ready. Plus due to price changes there aren't many three year olds there anymore because instead of it being $35/day for everyone, it's now $65 for 3 yr olds, $35 for 4/5 yr olds and there's now a concession for those on a Healthcare card of $16/day regardless of age. (All with little or no gov. rebate so most 3yr olds go to daycare.) So I will see how things go and maybe start him mid year if there's a position available or just leave it until next year, which I'm leaning towards as that way he would make his own friends instead of following DD2. Otherwise I could send him on different days to her, but we'll see as he still has two years after this year before he goes to school.

Hope you're all well!

Vital Wheat Gluten

Yep, still the same email address!

Congrats on making it to the next level with the Masters interview! Sounds promising!



vkw wrote:
I had the masters interview this morning and this afternoon had an email saying congratulations for making it to the next stage of your application with us.So I am getting a bit excited!It was a bit quicker than I expected as they said everyone will know by the end of next week.gotta go...


Congrats!!!! That's very promising news. Good luck for the next step.


thanks, girls just a waiting game now.

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

good news I start training on march 23rd.I had a medical on Monday then got the notification this morning

mum of 3 boys aged 11, 13 and 14

vkw wrote:
good news I start training on march 23rd.I had a medical on Monday then got the notification this morning


Congrats!!!!! That's wonderful news. I hope that you enjoy it.


Sign in to follow this topic