Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. anyone know any good "home design" websites?

anyone know any good "home design" websites? Lock Rss

DH and I are going to knock down rebuild in about 3 Years we've decided. We've seen some nice display homes but I didn't love any. I know of houzz.com but I want something with "normal" homes not mansions. I'd like to see exteriors as well as interiors. Any ideas??

Anyone?

We built our home through 'fairmont homes'. We just visited a heap of display homes and then chose a reputable builder with a home we loved. Is there a display home village you can just go visit in your area?
*mummsy* wrote:
We built our home through 'fairmont homes'. We just visited a heap of display homes and then chose a reputable builder with a home we loved. Is there a display home village you can just go visit in your area?

Yeah we went to a really big display village and saw things we liked but nothing was exactly what we wanted. Given we have 3 years to decide I wanted to just start collecting some images etc. I might try different builders websites too

We actually started by buying a magazine from the newsagent which had lots of house plans and pictures (don't know what it was called now) . We went through a local builder who drew up plans for us and worked through all the features we wanted

We built with AVJ (now sekisui house) I would suggest looking on home one forum, I found that forum a huge wealth of knowledge during the whole process and which I had found them prebuild
Thanks ladies. Didn't even think of magazines. I have a subscription for Home Beautiful but it's not exactly a home building mag but I'm sure there are plenty.
We will be using a distant family member who is a home builder. He can draw plans to suit our block but I'd like to have some idea of what I want.
How much did it cost you ladies to build? Am I crazy thinking we could do a knock down rebuild for around $320k with probably a split level home (which is more expensive generally but we have a slight slope so it would probably be cheaper to use that rather then excavate).

Sign in to follow this topic