Huggies Forum

Kids tying shoes! Lock Rss

Ok, so my 6 year old girl just got her first pair of lace ups....what age did your kids tie their shoes? And any tips on how to teach them? She has almost got it....but yeah....what a frustrating process!!!!!
tbh, I have no idea how to teach kids to do it. I didn't teach DD1 she came home from school one day and knew how to do it. One of her friends at school had lace up shoes and apparently taught DD1 how to tie her shoe laces so that DD1 would tie them up for her tongue She was about 6 when she learned though.

Leisa.
leisah wrote:
tbh, I have no idea how to teach kids to do it. I didn't teach DD1 she came home from school one day and knew how to do it. One of her friends at school had lace up shoes and apparently taught DD1 how to tie her shoe laces so that DD1 would tie them up for her tongue She was about 6 when she learned though.

Leisa.

Haha! What a clever friend your DD has grin

She can do the knot, right bunny ear, loop around but struggled poking through the second loop. If any of that makes sense!!!!!

I googled it and there is a 'magic' way which does seem easy in some ways....but she has started this way and almost got it. The other way I wondered would be easier is the two bunny ears and tie like a knot. We tried that to begin with but that seemed to be harder then the ol' loop around way...

Sign in to follow this topic