Huggies Forum

Ridiculous i tell you!! Rss

I have this gift voucher that i want to spend at the bookshop. Go in and find the book priced at $39. Think to myself 'bit rich but maybe that's the price. Hmmm, might pop into KMart (which is just next door). See the same book priced at just $26!! And it's not even on special. Thank goodness i had the brains to check out the price at both shops first prior to purchasing anything.

Just a reminder to all you wonderful mummies to make sure you shop around- there's so much money to be saved if you make the time.

Take care,

Super.

bubsy32

Super,

Have you ever noticed that the price differences especially happen towards Christmas. I've learnt now that if I'm after something in particular, I ring around the stores for the prices before I go out.

You know what I think is really ridiculous?? You can go into a store on Chrismas eve and buy something, then go again on Boxing day and see they have reduced the item to half price. It really boils my blood. This year my older children have asked me to give them gift vouchers instead of presents. They plan to go out the week after Christmas and buy what they want at discounted prices, so then they can get more for their money. I think it's a great idea. They can get what they really want and I don't have to go rushing around trying to guess what to get them. My daughter only wants clothes and jewellery and they are always reduced to up to half price, so I'm sure she will do really well.

Barb
Hi Barb,

Is that 6 children you have? You are my idol if that is what i have read! I'm barely mananging with one. I lie, i am managing but more than two and i would have to go to the looney bin. You'd probably get people calling you a champ all of the time.

Back onto the subject of rip offs. Calling around is a great idea. You can end up wasting half the day at the shops trying to find the cheapest price. Yep, they sure do take advantage of us before Christmas time don't they? The gift vouchers are a great idea, the children will be able to double up on their gifts- clever people aren't they suggesting that one?

Take care,

Super.

bubsy32

Sign in to follow this topic