Be comfortable in your skin – this is a judgement free zone. Find out more!

Huggies Forum

1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. General Baby Topics
  4. General Discussion
  5. Best 4WD/SUV to fit 3 seats across back seat

Best 4WD/SUV to fit 3 seats across back seat Rss

Hi there,
In the process of getting a new car and wanting peoples advice on the best option for a large 4WD, wanting to fit 3 carseats across the back seat, all forward facing, ideally 7 seats and still have a bit of boot space if extra seats were up. Also diesel ideally. I currently have an older Audi Q7 Diesel which is great and the size I am after but with a few mechanical issues and huge repair bills we are wanting to change it. If you didn't have a budget what would be your ideal choice?
Thanks
We've got the 7 seater Ford Territory Diesel and that can fit 3 car seats in the second row and can fit two 5 point harness seats in the third row. We've just changed the seats around and put our 4 and 3 year old in the third row seats (with 5 point harness seats) and our 8 and 9 year olds in the second rows and bubs will go in middle of the second row. I love my car and its fantastic on diesel too.

Oh and If I didn't have the budget issue I would go a full on 4WD. My Hubby's got a landcruiser and it's very lush, but too big for me for when I do school drop offs.

Chelle, Pth,
DD 2006, DS 2008, DS 2012, DS 2013
Baby #5 due November 2016.

mum2indy wrote:
We've got the 7 seater Ford Territory Diesel and that can fit 3 car seats in the second row and can fit two 5 point harness seats in the third row. We've just changed the seats around and put our 4 and 3 year old in the third row seats (with 5 point harness seats) and our 8 and 9 year olds in the second rows and bubs will go in middle of the second row. I love my car and its fantastic on diesel too.

Oh and If I didn't have the budget issue I would go a full on 4WD. My Hubby's got a landcruiser and it's very lush, but too big for me for when I do school drop offs.

Thanks so much, we are looking at the Landcruisers as both me and hubby would use it and quite often tow boats/trailers. That obviously fits the 3 across the back ok? I don't mind the size as the Q7 is also quite large so I am used to something quite big. Is it nice to drive? eg doesn't feel like your driving a big ute?
Kerryn-87 wrote:
mum2indy wrote:

Thanks so much, we are looking at the Landcruisers as both me and hubby would use it and quite often tow boats/trailers. That obviously fits the 3 across the back ok? I don't mind the size as the Q7 is also quite large so I am used to something quite big. Is it nice to drive? eg doesn't feel like your driving a big ute?

It is nice to drive, but for me being short (160cm) it's a little too far to reach back to attend to my kids if need be. Hubby's got the 200 series VX and we've had the 100 series and I find that much nicer than the 200 series. Plus we've had a few issues with the 200 series. I found the 100 series nice to drive than the 200, but it's a personal choice smile. Go out and test drive both and see what you think grin

Good luck!

Chelle, Pth,
DD 2006, DS 2008, DS 2012, DS 2013
Baby #5 due November 2016.

My husband and I have planned to buy a new family car in two months and we want to give preference to the Japanese Hyundai brand https://autoportal.com/newcars/hyundai/creta/ . This car has good characteristics and spacious comfortable interior. We have two children, so I think that this model of car will be a good solution.
Sign in to follow this topic